HOW long til a Glock will take 10 in the mag?

Lavan

T'ain't bad nuff that I can only get 10 rounders, but I am also only able to get 7......maybe... 8 on a "non sore thumb" day in em.

I am keeping em LOADED to stress the spring, but in my experience with other guns I have NEVER felt such resistance in a mag spring.

WILL they ever take 10 loaded by ....HAND???

(they work ok with the supplied loader)

But I'd someday like to think I could actually load the mags without a separate piece to lose.

M34 if it makes any difference.
:confused:

VA9mm

A friend has a Glock 23. I've loaded the 23 and 22 mags full by hand. The last one is a bitch in my experience. I've never had a problem.

GW45NUT

I too have found the Glock 10 rounders to be bears to load. The worst one I ever had was a Clinton mag for a 1998 Glock 21 gen 2.5. It just takes a strong thumb. I used to press down with my left thumb with the mag in my fist while pressing round in with right thumb. This usually worked fine for me. Of course maybe it does help that I am fairly strong...:D

demondeacon

My first Glock was the 23 with pre-Clinton magazines. I never had any difficulty getting all 13 rounds in by hand. I did have some trouble with the lone 10 round magazine that I purchased during the ban. My Glock 26 has the standard factory 10 round magazines. These are shorter than the ones you are speaking of. I've never had trouble hand loading them either. I did have diffulty with one of the 17 round magazines that came with my Glock 17. I was able to load two of them by hand, but the third would stop at 16 rounds.

Surefire_U2

The subcompact G26 mags are easy--I can load my G26 up very easily. Seems to me the double stack 10 rounders are not the problem.

My difficulty is with my single stack mags for the G17, G19, and G21. One of my G21 mags only holds 9 period. It is so stiff that even a magazine loader and pliers cannot get the 10th in. The G17 and G19 I have to fight with until my fingers bleed to get 10 in.

Why doesn't Glock just go to a double stack design like the G26?

snail

When I first got my 19 and the extra mags (4), it took an act of god to load the 15th round in the mags. Since then I have shot alot through the gun and mags, and they have finally started loosening up. On some of the mags I can now load 15 with no problem, but there is still two of them that do not cooperate:(.

Surefire_U2

To add to my previous post:

My pre-ban hi-cap mags for my Glock 21 are VERY EASY to load all 13 in. I assume cause its double stack.

My 10-round Glock 21 mags are murder (one only loads to 9). Being in a gun unfriendly state, I can no longer get hi-caps even with the brady bill expired.

ritrebor

i can get 10 rounds in my glock 23, 40SW using a Maglula UpLula Universal Magazine Loaders. Best loader i have used. Someone is selling them in the for sale section. I also have the 9mm conversion barrel and can get 14 9mm rounds in a 10 round 40 mag.

MyXD40

I have an XD40 with a 12 round mag and at first, yes mine were super hard to load by hand (I know you have a glock) but after a few hundred rounds, I can now by hand load my 12 round mag..just took a few load, unloads to get the spring to not be so hard on my thumb

skeeter1

I can't speak for the Glock, but the best thing I ever got for my Beretta 92 was a HKS Speedloader for it. Plastic, five bucks, and worth every penny of it. My thumb isn't what it used to be. Now if only I could find something similar for my Marlin 1894C, I'd be much happier. That thing is a bear to load.

gvf

Use the speed loader for Glock. A lot easier. Spring'll loosen up, loading and unloading in, a couple of weeks. Store it (the mag) fully loaded, or as loaded as you can get it, for a few nights. That helps to.

cheesesteak

It took a day or so before my G26 took all 10 rounds in the mag. After that I left all 10 in the mag for 2 weeks without shooting and I haven't had a problem since.

cheesesteak.

rr4406pak

Still can't get a full 10 rounds in one of my G29 mags either.

Had a stock Kel-Tec mag that was stubborn like this as well...

quickcanary

I had this same issue with my 15 rounds mags (G19). At first, she was having trouble taking that 15th round and I had to ease it in slowly (but very firmly). After digesting several mags' worth of rounds though, it became easier to insert the final round. I can now pretty much just jam it in there without difficulty. I often wonder if a little lube would have helped reduce my initial frustration, though.