How long for ATF reply after submitting FFL application

sanson

the search didn't help this time so maybe someone can tell me how long it takes to hear anything from the ATF after submitting FFL application. it's been 5 weeks. thanks, gary

jrt_ms1995

BATFE withdrew the $30 for my C&R FFL on 1/20/07, and I'm waiting (patiently, I suppose). Maybe this week? Have to keep thinking positive thoughts.

Toolman

I thought it was taking a long time (6-weeks) to process my FFL, so I called BATF & asked about the status. I was told "the 90-day period isn't up yet". Guess what? I received it less than a week later. You might want to call to check status.

sanson

thanks men... I'll be patient. never heard that 90 day thing. maybe I'll call if you think it helped(TOOL);)
edit: I'm starting to run to the mailbox every time I see the mailman

Last edited:

zeroskillz

fwiw, i sent in my app for a class 01 ffl, they got the app on 12/16/06, I heard from them for the first time on 2/12/2007, so about 2 months. I had to fax them a few things, and now they should be calling any day to set up the interview.

jrt_ms1995

License received

Received my C&R license today, Mar. 15. As noted above in an earlier post, BATFE withdrew the $30 application fee from my account Jan. 20., so in total (I had a request for additional info) it took 8 weeks.