• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

How is TFL Funded?

Hook_N_Bullet

Here's the reason I ask this; I get more information and learn more about firearms from this sight than any of the magazines I subscribe to, plus the members here are great!

My reasoning is as follows, I send a good chunk of money to the NRA, and probably spend $100 a year in magazine subscriptions, but I've never given anything back to TFL.

ahenry

To the best of my knowledge, Rich doesn’t accept any donations for this site. I suspect that by not taking money, he gets to make all calls on how the site is run. As soon as people start putting in their own money, they might feel that they should have a say in how TFL is run. If that is the reason Rich doesn’t want any donations, I for one would be open to suggestions for a way around that difficulty. It might be that the best way to do this is by buying a subscription to S.W.A.T., but I don’t know if Rich will see much money from that or not. Mr. Lucibella, any thoughts? A lot of us would be happy to help defray cost, but I understand why (I think) you don’t want any money from us, any way around that?

What ahenry said.

I'm a control freak! :D

Actually, the Staff volunteers its time, so there are no real personel costs. Bandwidth and Server costs are manageable.

Here's some things you can do to help:
- Spread the gospel....not just outside TFL, but right here. Internet discussion sites don't have to be juvenile slugfests. Assist the Staff with kindly PM's to people who might think otherwise.

- Support the Staff. That means, recognize that we do our best, but are far from perfect. Sometimes our actions may seem unilateral...this is because we don't read every post on every thread. That said, suggest ways to improve and call us on it when we screw up.

- Support the Staff. If they are in the business (eg: Scott Evans), try a product they produce. You've little to loose and much to gain. http://www.tacticalholsters.com

- Support the Owner. I believe we can do with the Firearms Print industry what we've done in the Firearms Discussion arena: Raise the Bar. Wanna help? Buy a subscription or Newstand Copy of S.W.A.T. Magazine (http://www.swatmagazine.com) Then Vote with your feet!...if you don't like what you see, cancel for a refund. If you do like what you see, take a subscription and spread the word.
Thanks-
Rich