How good is Custom Arms Co.?

unbeknownst

I am looking to have a trigger job and feed/reliability work done on my Kahr P40. I see Custom Arms did work on a P9 which was highlighted in Guns Magazine. Looking for reccomendations on who does great work. Also, is there a cetain number of rounds you should go through to break in your handgun before getting any such work done? This will serve as a carry/backup gun for many years to come, and I want to have it 100% reliable. Thank you in advance.

bad4u

I've used the services of Pete Carber, Custom Arms Co., to install 4# trigger jobs on my Para P12 and SA Champion.

Pete also installed an Ed Brown conversion kit on my P12, eliminating the stamped recoil spring cap and replacing the dual-spring recoil spring with a single recoil spring.

Both guns are exceptionally reliable, and the trigger jobs are fine.

Pete seems to get most press for the work he does on Glocks for police SWAT units, which is apparently substantial.

I chose Pete to my work based on his local reputation combined to his close proximity to my home. His prices are in line with other pistolsmiths, his work is good and I expect to use his services for any additional work on my 1911s.

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
I've had the opportunity to inspect some of Pete's full house custom BHP's and 1911's last year. Needless to say, I was quite impressed.

His blending of Bomar sights and high beavertails on Hi Powers is outstanding! Definitely among the best in that category.