How goes the weekend?

Shadow9mm

Im busy tumbling 9mm brass. Think i have around 2500pcs, a full 50cal can. Running batches of 500 through my frankford vibratory tumbler with walnut. Running 2hrs per batch, to get the grunge off of them so i can start sizing. Once I get them all sized They will go into my wet tumble to get properly clean.

What have yall been up to?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20230917_124613_resized.jpg
    20230917_124613_resized.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Hammerhead

Cleaning 9mm brass as well.
I dry tumble, sift, remove the dust with a damp towel then lube with One Shot.
Then I sort by head stamp.
If you want accuracy in a carbine you need to sort your brass.

Shadow9mm

Cleaning 9mm brass as well.
I dry tumble, sift, remove the dust with a damp towel then lube with One Shot.
Then I sort by head stamp.
If you want accuracy in a carbine you need to sort your brass.
That's good to know, only ever shot 9mm in handguns. Right now im getting it clean, and trying to start sifting out the few 223, 40, and 45 brass thats mixed in.

44 AMP

Staff
If you are tumbling 9mm with .45s in walnut or corn cob, the .45s are easy to spot, they're the ones with a 9mm case jammed inside them!! :D

Shadow9mm

If you are tumbling 9mm with .45s in walnut or corn cob, the .45s are easy to spot, they're the ones with a 9mm case jammed inside them!! :D
Nothing stuck too bad so far. No mega combos yet either, 9mm in a 40, in a 45 all together. I'm pulling out the other casings if I happen to see them, but its too dirty to sort just yet.

mgulino

Sorted some brass bought on another forum. A few .308 and .243 with .270 WSM and 6.5 CM. I can use the .308. Giving the 6.5 to a work buddy just getting into reloading. Sorted it all and punched our primers with a universal die. Running it all through the wet tumbler.

Nick_C_S

Spent the day pushing through 45 ACP (to be sized/decapped, flaired later) - only 80 pcs or so.

Sizing and flairing 38 Special - about 400 pcs.

And sizing, flairing, and trimming 357 Magnum - about 250 pcs.

Right now, the 38 and 357 are in the FART with pins, hot water, and dawn.

After the dawn gets them pretty darn clean and shiny, they'll get about a one-hour tumble with just a bit of RCBS cleaning solution to get 'em really nice n shiny.

603Country

Must be an official reloading day. I loaded up 100 rounds of 6.5 Grendel and have begun getting ready to load up 200 223 rounds with 55 gr Hornady spire points. Used the vibratory cleaner with walnut shells to clean all the brass. Then I realized I needed to decrimp the primer pockets. That’s a lot of decrimping. It’s all once fired Lake City.

jetinteriorguy

The surgeon had to move my stomach back through my herniated diaphragm, then repair the diaphragm, then perform a fundoplication to repair my stomach. My stomach popped all the way through my hiatal hernia and was sitting in my chest underneath my lungs. Other than this I haven’t been up to much.

toxophilus

It went really well, retrieved a shooting blanket that I had left earlier this week under a canopy when it started to rain (my club watches out for each other).

Started these out @20 Yards to ensure they were sighted in and then moved back to 45 Yards to eliminate clays on the berm :cool:

SS-41_091623_ATorn.jpg

While there I attended the swap meet and scored 4# of Power Pistol for $100... it was a good weekend!

AlliantPowerPistol_091623_TBTorn.jpg

Nick_C_S

Yesterday, I got a couple revolvers dirty (Smith models 67, 4"; & 686+, 3").

Now I have more brass that needs reconditioning :p.