How far is Zero on the open tops.

deerslayer303

How far is Zero on a .36 Open top Colt Clone? I know we talked about it some time ago, but I forgot. My Pietta, I think they call it an 1862 Sheriff (it's the six shot fluted cylinder , 5.5" 1860 style barrel) shoots about a foot high at 10- 15 yards. I have never increased the distance to find out. I've just always compensated for it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

deerslayer303

Yeah that seems a bit on the extreme side LOL. I often wonder if Pietta just didn't cut the notch in the hammer low enough. I've thought about cutting the notch out on mine like Mike (Duelist) showed on one of his videos. But haven't wanted to tackle it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Deltadart

My Uberti 3rd model dragoon is 10 in high at 25 yds, as is one of the Uberti Remington NMAs, the ASM Remington is dead on at 25 yds, and my .36 Remington NMA has target sights is dead on at 25 after a new front sight insert was installed.

armoredman

All I can share is this. That was holding on the bottom of the target - it was quite high at 10 yards.
pXcMXog.jpg

Lyle A

Try shooting at 75 to 100 yards and you will be surprised. Both of my Navies shoot point of aim at 75 yards. Where I shoot there is a small hill about 500 feet high that is used as a backstop. The desert is flat so it is easy to increase the shooting distance.

armoredman

I can try that next time - the Casa Grande range has a very nice line of hills behind it for a backstop. I don't think I will go farther than 75 yards with a BP revolver! Hopefully I can hit the steel at that range.

Lyle A

The last time I was shooting I used my range bag as a support. I was able to hit clay pigeons at about 75 yards. I can’t to do that unsupported. Where is the range in Casa Grande?

armoredman

I-8 and Trekell Rd, go south on Trekell from I-8 to Arica, take a left, follow the road around to the right, and the Elzy Pearson Memorial Firing Range will be on the left about 1/4 mile down the road, right after the police range. 5 bays, left to right, 80 yard, 300 yard, 100 yard, and two 25 yard pistol bays, unmonitored and free, NO services on site but a single porta potty. Bring your own water.