How do you wear a paddle holster??

RH Factor

OK..this is really dumb .....But....if you have a paddle holster...does the paddle go in the pants..or between the pants and the belt. I have a Galco paddle for my Sig 239..they have the plastic paddle, ...it works fine in my pants.......BUT I have a Don Hume for the same gun and it has a leather paddle..it won't work at all if it's in my pants...only if between my pants and belt..so it will catch.

Which way are they suppose to work??

Thanks
RH Factor

9mmepiphany

the paddle is designed to be worn inside the pants with the waistband and belt sandwiched between the paddle and holster.

i'm not sure what you mean by "won't work"

1. paddle won't fit into waistband?
2. paddle and holster won't stay in place on belt?
3. paddle comes out on the draw?

just need a little more information, i use a paddle more often then any other and might be able to share some insight.

RH Factor

On the Don Hume...the leather paddle is not as long as the Galco..which makes it more comfortable when sitting...but the lip that catches the belt is a stiched on rim of leather. I put the paddle into my waistband...with the pants and the belt between it and the holster...I try to pull the gun(open top) and the complete holster comes out...that small leather rim does not seen to catch. I have tried to loosen up the holster by putting the gun in a plastic bag and holstering it..then letting it sit for a few days...but that rim doesn's seen to catch to hold the holster down... Any Sugestions

9mmepiphany

i think you answered your own question...if the leather rim (a somewhat dated design) isn't catching/being retained the waistband/belt...it is time to replace the holster. leather loses it's rigidity with wear/climate...that's why most manufacturers have gone to nylon for their retention hooks/fingers/ledges.

having a paddle that won't catch the waistband/belt is like a holster with a torn out belt loop...its just not a safe situation