How do you like my Yugo!

taylorce1

It is done!

I’m not sure if I’ll stick with the scope I’ve got mounted on it right now but I’m happy to have it all back together. I just got the barreled action back from getting the Teflon finish and caliber engraved in the barrel. It has been done for a couple of months now but today was the first day I could get away and go pick it up from my smith.

Thanks again to Karnis who donated such a great stock to my cause.

Build as follows:

Caliber .25-06 Remington
Action Zastava 98 Mauser with set triggers
Barrel 26” Lilja #5 contour recessed target crown
Stock refinished Whitworth with Kick-Eez pad and metal grip cap
Scope Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16X40AO

dsc0236.jpg

dsc0233.jpg

dsc0229.jpg

dsc0235.jpg

dsc0234.jpg

dsc0230.jpg

Just need to get back to the range!

jammin1237

sweet, nice stock, nice action, 26" barrel seems a little long, should be a total tack driver with the right bullet weight... go quarter bore!

ep2621

Man, that is pretty! That is exactley what a rifle should look like. Congratulations and nice work.

hooligan1

That's a freakin sweeeeeeeeeeet rifle! CONGRATS DUDE!!!!!;)
there's four guy's here now, and we're all droolin.....( i had to show them this cool rifle dude!!)

Thanks for showing it man!!!!!!:cool:

Last edited:

taylorce1

The only complaint I have right now with the rifle is the ring height. As soon as I can get back to the store I'll have a lower set. I had to put something on there for the pics couldn't have it naked! ;)

Long process and the rifle turned out better than I expected!

It is my favorite black rifle!

Crosshair

I saw one broken down on the side of the road a few months ago. Yours on the other hand looks 100 times better and is probably much more reliable.

Yea that scope does look a little high. It could be useful on a long range rig, but probably not for what you want to use it for.

ISC

Looks great. I would have wanted a darker stain, but that's just my personal preference. Do you have any before pics?

TX Hunter

You have a Very Beautifull Rifle.
The good part is that at its Heart its a tried and true Controlled Feed Mauser. So its not just a good Rifle its a Great Rifle.

taylorce1

Looks great. I would have wanted a darker stain, but that's just my personal preference. Do you have any before pics?

I was afraid if I stained it some of the grain would get covered up that I discovered when I stripped the stock. If you click on either of these links in my OP you will see a lot of pics of how this rifle developed.

It is done! or Karnis

I saw one broken down on the side of the road a few months ago. Yours on the other hand looks 100 times better and is probably much more reliable.

Yep I'm sure it is better than that POS car. Had to have a catchy title to get people interested and trick some of you mil-surp guys. I'm real happy with how my Yugo Mauser turned out.

Last edited:

taylorce1

dsc0229_1.jpg

dsc0230_1.jpg

dsc0231_1.jpg

dsc0232.jpg

Got the scope mounted lower today but now my scope is only a 4-14 power. If I crank it to 16X I can't operate the bolt. Medium rings put it about the same height it was before. So I decided that I didn't need 16X power anyway.

Jo6pak

Beautiful Rifle.

I have a Yugo Kar98 in the safe that I've been thinking of selling. but now I'm thinking "Project gun?"

Again, really nice work