How do you carry your spare mag(s)?

glockopop

So I've found the right combo of gun and holster, (1911sc and a Kramer #1 1/2), and now I need to decide how to carry a spare mag or two. Any ideas?

I'm thinking about carrying on the belt, but a lot of the mag pouches I've seen seem to be harder to conceal than the 1911. What about the DeSantis Nemesis in the pocket mag carrier? Anyone use one of these?

Any other ideas? How do you carry your spare(s)?

jfrey123

Toss my mags in my front left pocket, bottom up so they're the direction I need. I'll end up with some sort of mag pouch eventually, as I'm already tired of fidgiting with it as it slides around and goes sideways. Maybe my claim to fame will be making a IWB mag carrier... Or maybe I'll design an entire line of IWB accessory carriers: flashlights, handcuffs, etc.

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY COPYRIGHTED AND TRADEMARKED IN THE NAME OF JFREY!!!!:p

evan1293

I would recommend against carrying spare magazines in pocket(s). Pocket lint / other loose items can get caught up in the magazine and lead to problems (I've seen it happen a number of times.) Personally I use a comptac double mag pouch but I think that some people may have a hard time concealing it. I've used a desantis leather single mag pouch before that I found to be very easy to conceal...you might want to give that a try. Bladetech single pouches with the Tekloc are a nice setup as well because you can quickly pop them off if you need to.

I am waiting on my CrossBreed IWB mag holder. I'm not sure if my gut and a full size semi-auto will allow something else to be inside the waistband of my pants but I'm gonna try.

Until then back left pocket.

teeroux

i wear cargo pants or carpenter jeans

i keep one in the cargo pockets or in the small pocket on the leg of the carpenter jeans

the small pocket holds a double stack XD45 wonderfully

WESHOOT2

actual

On my belt: Safariland 079

Or in a spare gun.

In my fanny pack: (real old) Dillon double-mag pouches (for my Witnesses), or 079.

Moe Howard

I always use some kind of mag pouch, either a Fobus or a custom leather mag holder. I would advice against pocket carry unless it is in some sort of cover. If not covered, movement in the pocket can push the top round a little out of position not to mention lint and melted Life Savers getting stuck to your mag.:D

Perldog007

I have always wanted a pocket magazine pouch, along the lines of a pocket holster. Think my local leather crafter should make the first prototype this summer.

Thinking along the lines of something that would keep the top covered and down, prevent shifting and allow for reasonable access.

I have often used coat pockets to keep outer garment from blowing open, or belt pouches.

tex45acp

Heres how I carry spare mags when I carry my XD45
MCVSET.jpg

and here is how I carry extra mags with my Wilson 4" 1911
1911CarryRig.jpg

fwm

In my second gun. Makes for a much faster reload.

Really, if you have room for a spare mag, couldn't you put a spare gun there?

whiplash

Well I got to wondering how to carry my XD45 extra mag, while carrying, especially in warm weather clothes. I got looking at my Gerber mutli tool sheath/pouch. I tried to fit my 10rd mag in it, but it was to short/small. Then I tried the sheath from my Gerber Gator knife. That was a perfect fit. When you put the mag in, bullet end first towards the bottom, there is no way to tell that its a magazine. IF you looked at it from behind or from the front, all you might see is a little metal, looks like a multi-tool anyway. I thought this would be a good way to get away from using a real magazine pouch that might be too obvious, because....well....."if it looks like a duck"....Gerber also has various sized sheaths. Just my .02 cents worth trying to conceal an extra magazine.

DMK

I carry my spare mag in a nylon knife pouch. I have a few different sizes for different gun's mags.

GHF

Carrying Extra Mags

Currently I use an olde cell phone carrier.

I am going to get some Leatherman SUPERTOOL (aka SUPERTOOL 200) in ballistic nylon. One variant has a belt loop, the other has a clip over pants/under belt.