How do I obtain a permit out of state?

Avid Concealer

Hey guys,

I'm from Alabama and I've moved to Ohio for a few months. I've already looked on packing.org and read that non residents cannot obtain a permit. AL's permit is not honored here. Is there anything that I can do to get a permit to carry concealed, I feel that I really should carry here seeing that I know NO one yet.

Thanks,

aC

Doug.38PR

What Bluesman said. I am from Texas and am going to be moving to Louisiana (have to be a resident at least 6 months before you can get their CHL and reciprocity isn't as good). I got a Florida license a few months ago and all I had to do was show them that I had passed a firearms qualification course, a photo and my fingerprints. Within a month or two, my Florida CHL came in.
Whenever I move to Louisiana, all I have to do is notify Florida that I have changed addresses and within 100 days and they will send me a new license copy with the changed address (and my current license is still good in between that time)

Avid Concealer

Well darn, thanks for the info guys, but I'm not going to be here for that long and I can't get to FL. I'll be here maybe 5 months. Again thanks for the info. I can definitely use this in the future!

Doug.38PR

I can't get to FL

I don't understand. You don't have to physically go to Florida to do any of this. You can order the form, fingerprint card and instructions online by using the link that Bluesman provided. The qualification course you can take where you are (or show that you have taken one in alabama within the past 2 years) You just need a copy of your certification, the fingerprints can be done at any local Law Enforcement agency, the photo can be done at Kinkos. You mail all that information back to Florida department of licensing in the return envelope. They do a criminal background check and mail you back your license.