How do I do this?

5ptdeerhunter

In a few weeks I am going to my uncles house for the holidays. He has a Llama handgun he would like me to take apart and clean for him. He isn't into guns as much as I am so he thought it would be fun for me. I have never cleaned a handgun before. All of my experience is with rifles and shotguns. But I am really looking forward to it.

The only stuff I know about it is that it is a Llama
.45 ACP
number of shots 10
length 7 7/8
weight (unloaded) 39 oz.
height 5 1/3 inches
sights adjust. sight for windage
stock gum
finish bright blue, chromed, engraved or gold damascened.

I only know this stuff because i asked my uncle to send me specs on it.

Any help is great. I would like directions that can help me and pictures if possible.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fivept

RickB

It's probably their full-size, semi-knockoff of the 1911; it's not a true clone as there are dimensional differences, but any drawing or instructions for the M1911/M1911A1/Government Model should suffice. Try M1911.org.

croyance

There are basically only three was most centerfire pistols come apart, with a few subcases. Of course, each is accomplished with an empty chamber and no magazine in.
1.) Like a Browning HiPower or CZ-75. That is, move the slide to the notches, about 1/4" to 1/2" back, and push out the slide stop. The 1911 is a sub-case of this, with the barrel bushing rotated and removed first.
2.) While in slide lock, rotate the take-down lever, ala Sig or Beretta. Release slide lock with hand on slide to ease slide off.
3.) On striker fired guns, like the Glock or Walther P99, pull down on both take-down tabs simultaneously. This may have to be accomplished with slide slightly back. You will hear a click. Then ease slide forward. If it hangs up, then pull trigger (remember, you had cleared chamber). The slide should come forward.