How did I do? .22 semi...

topspin43

Been wanting a .22 semi for some time now so I could spend more time at the range for less $$$. After listening to you guys, feeling up the contenders and listening to my gut... I ordered a Buckmark Camper 5.5" barrel tonight for $270 with tru-glos (I'm 50 and can't see the dot on my 92 w/o reading glasses).
The contenders were Sig Mosquito (too new), Ruger Mark III 22/45 (hard to field strip), Walther P22 (ugly), S&W 22a (everyone complains about 'em), NEOS (looks like a water pistol I had when I was 5) and then the ones I couldn't afford with 2 kids in college... the 87, Hammerli's and the rest of the best.
This is strictly for target/range relaxin after a hard day at work. 200 rounds with my 9 costs me around $50 bucks with the range fees (we have to buy our ammo at the range).

My first NIB -- will be here Monday. My Beretta had 1 mag thru it when I bought it for $200!!! (Hey, I'm a car dealer type)

How did I do? Comments? Let's hear 'em shooters... and yes, a .45 ACP is next so I can roll those bowling pins off the table.

sageowl

Well, I'd say you did pretty well. Good idea (a .22), good gun, good price ... sounds like a winner. I've been eyeing a Buck Mark myself and plan to get one here in the next month or so. Not a money issue this time (the price is quite nice) but the beloved mandatory wait period, as I somehow don't think my Chief will sign the letter for a little .22 plinker. Let us know how it shoots for you.

topspin43

will do Sage...

No waiting here in FL with my CWL ...but still have to wait for FedEx. Whenever I get a new toy... I'm like a child waiting for the ice cream truck. :rolleyes:

Will be at the range with a 550 brick on Tuesday... stay tuned. Imagine 550 9mm Luger ammo would run me over $100 bucks! Now... if I could do the same thing with gasoline but I'm not parting with my V8 'Stang.

Swamp Yankee

Nice pistol, you'll be pleased I'm sure.

One suggestion I have when .22 rimfire is involved concerns ammo. A lot of .22s are fussy eaters when it comes to ammo. This applies to both pistol and rifle. Suggest getting a couple of boxes of several different brands and bullet types. A little experimentation will help your pistol tell you what ammo it likes.
Take Care

FirstFreedom

I think ya did good. I just got the Hunter model of the Buckmark 3 days ago for $325 ($299 plus tax) from BassPro. Already got a scope on it - ha.

Diane K.

I think you did great

Hi,

I own a Walther P-22 (which I find quite nice; I like how it fits in my hand). My husband has a Ruger Mark II and I aquired a Browning Buckmark Pro (4") barrel, which I absolutely love.

It's extremely accurate, and it's very balanced (very important to me). I think it's more accurate than the Mark II and the trigger is tight and crisp. I just got back from the range; I put 200+ rounds through it today. It doesn't care what brand of .22lr I put through it.

I like my husband's Ruger and I really like the Walther, but I really love this gun. I think you will also.

Diane K.

Majic

and yes, a .45 ACP is next so I can roll those bowling pins off the table.
Set the pins on the back edge of the table. That's what we do at our pin matches when we compete with the .22s.

topspin43

At my range...

The pins are set in the middle of the table. 9mm ammo just can't compete with the big boys. The pins go down but have no momentum. So you gotta roll 'em with the next round.

sageowl

Pins are a blast with a nice hot .357Sig or .40 S&W load ;). We've had competitions of who can "walk" one up the berm fastest, starting from ground level. Anyway, I'm curious to see what .22 ammo any other Buck Mark owners out there would recommend, as our friend here is going to be getting his in a couple days and I'll probably be picking one up in a few weeks.