• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

How can I determine my "member number?"

Ledbetter

Hi,

Tried doing a search but got 47 pages of results. I was looking for a thread that discussed member i.d.'s being issued as members signed up.

How can I determine what my "member number" here at TFL is? In case I want to incorporate it into a sig line as some have done?

Many thanks for all the last minute question answering.

Mike

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Ledbetter - Your member number is 4573.

I feel like Bluto in Animal House giving the pledges their nicknames. ;)

Anyone can find their member number simply by mousing over the "profile" button at the bottom of their own post. In IE it displays the member number in the link which I can read at the bottom of the window.

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
That's right, Gary, you're number 6.

When we moved from UBB to vBull, Rich manually added a few members to start things off. He gave DC #1, though she wasn't the first person to sign up back in '98. (I assume that Rich was the first...)

You probably had your profile added manually. Rich let the machine add the rest of us automatically according to sign-up date.

I'm #1518.

Jim V

What do you want Gary? An unlisted number? What's wrong with 6? Heck to get to my membership number I have to run through the fingers a whole bunch of times. LOL

tyme

Administrator
1. Go to the url posted above
2. If you're not logged in it'll ask you to.
3. You'll see this:
Userid: <number>

The number is your user number. If there's something I left out that would make the process more clear, please let me know. I'll refrain from commenting on the accuracy of your introspection.

Ledbetter

Good numbers to have

0007 (ooooo, sorry Gary--no PPK for you)

Bad member numbers? Nope, can't think of one. Pretty much all good in their own way.