How bad are the triggers, CZ75?

Z400ACDC

I don’t need another pistol but like the looks of this pistol. I see a lot of complaints about the trigger needing to be smoothed out. What day you that own one?

lantern2814

I absolutely love my CZs. The DA is heavy and not as smooth as a Sig DA. The reset is fairly long relative to newer pistols. HOWEVER, this doesn't mean they're bad. LOL! They shoot like laser beams too.

One great thing about CZs is Cajun gunworks. You can buy a drop in trigger kit from them and make DA, SA, reset and smoothness just about what I'd call perfect on a defensive pistol. Mine are all CGWed and around 7.5lbs DA and 3lbs SA. The only way I could get them any better is actually sending them to CGW or CZ custom.

WVsig

CZ with DA/SA triggers are known to be a little stiff right out of the box. They are also know for a little bit of stacking. Some are worse than others. Overall they are excellent DA/SA combat triggers.

Some of the higher end models like the Shadow, Tactical Sport, CZ 75 TS Czechmate and Shadow II etc are awesome right out of the box.

If you really want to slick them up CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works can hook you up with parts which you install yourself or full custom work from their respective shops.

JDBerg

https://cajungunworks.com/product/e-conversion-for-cz-97b-bd-625-00/

I know the OP asked about the 75B but I know a guy who had one of these E-Conversions done by CGW on his CZ 97B and this gun just totally outshoots just about everything you can think of! They machine the muzzle end of the slide to accept a 1911 style bushing so the barrel lockup is darn near perfect, and a big leap improvement over the stock screw in bushing, which isn’t the greatest to begin with. And the DA/SA trigger work done by CGW is just about the best I’ve seen on any semiautomatic pistol! This one leaves no doubt that CGW does absolutely beautiful work on a CZ!

marine6680

They can be a little rough out of the box... Usually not terrible though.

They smooth out nicely after a few hundred rounds. After it smooths out, if you swap out the hammer spring for a lighter one, you will have a nice trigger.

Smoothed out by a gunsmith and/or some CGW parts, can make for a very good trigger.

Put the work in to smooth things out and put in some custom competition grade parts, and they can be sublime.

Kilrb

I just bought one, the trigger is not as good as my PPQ. I know several people that have them and all of them have had trigger work done. I will be sending mine to CGW later this month. I really enjoy the way this pistol shoots.

Pilot

I guess I've been lucky. All five of my CZ's (75B, 75 Pre B, 75D PCR, Kadet, and 97B) have all had great triggers out of the box, and just go better with some use.

Hal

Mine - circa 2000 - has been ok to fine since day one.

@ one time, CZ had what they called "The Champion Trigger Group".
It was a separate part(s) that replaced the stock CZ75b trigger to make it more like the CZ75 "Champion" model.

Maybe if/when Walt S. comes along he can add some detail to this.

When it comes to CZ's, Walt is the go-to-guy!
(he probably forgot more about them this morning before breakfast, than the rest of us will know in a lifetime ;) )

tallball

My FiL bought a brand-new one about a year ago (after he shot mine once). His trigger was excellent "right out of the box".

I have several. They all have good triggers, but I bought them all used.

They are my favorite center-fire pistols.

wild cat mccane

If not compared to other triggers, meh.

Heavy double action.

Single action has less "wall" and a long reset. Can't think of many single actions that aren't smooth-so saying single action is smooth is kinda moot observation.

Throw more than half the cost of the gun at parts and I hear they are good triggers :)

marine6680

I have two... I spent $15 on a couple 18lb springs, and spent an hour each with a buffing wheel smoothing out some parts.

That made for some nice triggers.

But that isn't needed... Just a few hundred rounds and a spring swap will net you a decent trigger.

It's all down to what you want. If you want a very good to great trigger, you need to put a little more money and time into it.

For competition, more money and time. Or just get a competition ready model. Though the aftermarket competition triggers are better, the factory competition triggers are very good.

They are designed to be a combat pistol, so they are not going to be top dog out of the box.

But if you want, you can transform the trigger into something beautiful... Fully tweaked out, it is probably the best, or one of the best, DA/SA triggers you can get.

reddog81

I have a 75B in stainless steel and like the gun. The triggers are OK, but not great. The single action has a lot more travel than most. The hammer moves close to a quarter inch before it drops. The double action trigger is pretty long.

I tried out the single action in one of the higher end single action only models and the trigger was great. I need to look into upgrading the trigger but haven't done so yet. Spending $200 to $300 on a trigger job seems excessive compared to the original price of the gun.

FairWarning

Too many internet "trigger divas" out there these days. CZ combat pistols have combat triggers, not hairtrigger target triggers. A little break-in does wonders for them, and I think it's worth trying that first. They can easily be improved if not.

WVsig

A lot depends on what you are looking for in a trigger and what you define as a good trigger. Personally I put the 75B in the good combat trigger catergory. It is not a bullseye gun. It is a combat handgun that can give you combat sized groups straight out of the box if you can do your part. Like many platforms you can put some work into the gun and make it into a excellent shooter for more refined shooting.

There is a reason that CZs dominate European guns games and are also very popular here for that task. They can be tuned into excellent race guns by people like CGW.

So to the OP how do you define a "great" trigger.

Hammerhead

I bought a 75B NIB about 5 years ago.
Very poor SA trigger, in fact you could see the hammer camming back during the SA pull. DA was fine. Accurate gun, it just took every bit of concentration I had to pull the trigger.

I'm thinking about another, really did like the gun, but I won't order one sight unseen unless it's one of the pre-tuned guns from Angus or CGW. Or maybe I can find a local 'smith who will work on them.

michaelc246

CZs are great guns! The stock trigger is more than adequate, and if you want to improve it , you can have a trigger job done on it.