how are the trigger pulls on these guns?

cajun47

i have the s&w sigma 9mm and hate the trigger pull. im thinking of trading it on a fn 9mm but they look alot like the sigmas. is the trigger pull better? i may get the cz 75 b, im guessing the trigger pull is good.

what about trigger pulls on kel-teck 9mms?

JohnO

All the guns you mention have pretty bad triggers, except for the CZ75. I have felt some very good ones from the factory and some not so good. However, a gunsmith can make it very nice for you if the factory trigger doesn't cut it.

chris in va

The pull on my 75BD was pretty stiff untill I changed out the hammer spring for a 15# version. SA is still creepy with some camming, certainly nothing like my Sig. A gunsmith can get rid of that though.

I'd rate it about a 4.

KelTec P11? Um, are you used to a revolver? Forget quick follow up shots.

KALIFORNIST

IMHO the trigger camming is the one thing that holds back most CZ's.every one I have handled or shot has had camming.From what I have read there are gunsmiths that work with alot of CZ's that get rid of it I just havent found one local to where I live(the few I have spoken to work mostly on 1911's and dont see many CZ's but I must admit I haven't searched much cause I have gotten used to it) and I have never been a huge fan of sending of a pistol to a guy just on good recomendations when I haven't actually felt his work.I still love my CZ though:D

MikeRussell

The CZs can be made to have one of the best DA/SA triggers around. I shoot a SP01 in Production Division USPSA and did my own trigger/action job on it. From those experienced shooters that I've allowed to shoot it, the consistent comments I get are that the DA is like a fine tuned (albeit lighter) revolver trigger and that the SA is surprisingly light and crisp. I swapped out the mainspring for a 15# one that I also trimmed 2 coils off of, reshaped the sear, altered the hammer hooks, and polished the hell out of everything. When I compared my SP01 trigger/action to that of a factory CZ75B, I realized how much I'd changed the smoothness and pull of the pistol...my DA pull was barely more than the SA of the stock 75b!

Needless to say, the SP01 has made me into a serious CZ fan, even more so after I figured out how easily they can be tweeked, tuned, and/or refined.

RevolverLover

I think the FNP9 has a very good trigger.

I would have to agree. All the ones I have checked out have had great triggers for a production firearm. I was really shocked how great the SA trigger pull was on them.