Horus Vision Talon 1000 scope review

ronl

My first impression of this optic is the heft of the thing. It feels like a very well made optic. The scope has 121.32 inches of elevation available and each click is 1/10mil. The adjustments knobs are just a little mushy, but I believe that would get better with a little use. Power adjustment is firm, but not overly so, just the way I personally like it. Eye adjustment is silky smooth and easy. The glass in this optic is excellent. Colors are vibrant and the glass is crystal clear from edge to edge. The reticle is perhaps the best I've ever seen for a 1-4x24 optic, and is well thought out and executed. On 1x you have the circle and very fine lines. Since it is a FFP scope, when you crank it out to 4x, the H-50 reticle blossoms and you are given multiple aiming points which can prove to be very effective. Even when cranked out to 4x the stadia are fine enough for very precise aiming. The scope tracked extremely well. The reticle illumination is also very nice and has 11 different settings. I had never really considered the extreme versatility of these type of optics before getting this one, but it can do a lot of things and do them very well. It makes sense for a tactical type rifle, for on 1x it can be used as a red-dot with both eyes open. Cranked up to 4x it can extend the useful range of the weapon. It also makes sense for anyone hunting in heavily wooded areas. All in all, this is an excellent piece of gear. The glass is superb and the reticle is better than any I've ever seen on these low power scopes. Down side is the weight, but I guess if you add up the weight of an EOtech, magnifier, and associated mounting gear, there isn't much difference there and with this scope you get an excellent reticle that the holo sights don't offer. Another negative is the fact that Horus only offers a one year warranty on their scopes, but as solid as this thing feels I'm not going to worry about that. The cost of around $650 puts it in the middle of the pack but as far as I can see, it is a top notch piece of optics.