Hornady XTP vs all others

Noreaster

The last couple of years I got into ballistics and punching paper groups at longer ranges with my ML. I switched from the XTP to the poly tipped bullets. I'm currently shooting the T/C shockwave. Here is my own observations. At the range the poly tipped wonders shoot great and they work very well on deer, but I've had better results with real world hunting with the Hornady XTP. I've got nothing but positive things to say about shockwave or SST but the good ole XTP just seems to work better on game, less tracking and bigger holes. Just my 2 cents.

kwhi43

Why yes, right here

16aba6a3730ea143e31d0039722c5056.jpg

deerslayer303

Nice thank you, It looks as if that round ball almost doubled its diameter. I had heard folks claiming they would more than double, but some folks results varied due to what they believe is harder lead. One being a Speer swaged ball that didn't expand at all. In fact he could have fired it again.

Jack O'Conner

In my opinion, the XTP bullet is quite superior over most other hollow tip designs. I've taken many deer with these bullets fired from my 44 MAG carbine. Rapid expansion and energy transfer causes lethal wounding despite the relatively slow ballistics of this revolver cartridge.

Jack