Hornady ultrasonic cleaner for suppressor

BigBL87

Don't have one, but have done some research and considered one. The big thing I took from it is they do a great job, almost too good in that they strip all lubricants and oil off, so if you get one make sure you put a good layer of lubricant/protectant if you use it on gun parts. Don't have any suppressors so not sure if that would be a concern with them.

Bentonville

Thanks for the replies. I will only use it to clean stainless steel baffles from an Obsidian 45. Awesome suppressor. Even with Speer Lawman ammo it gets dirty. I’m hoping the Hornady cleaner will be the ticket. Which Model will suit my purpose?

Last edited:

Bentonville

I was in a Harbor Freight and saw their Ultrasonic cleaner on sale. I decided to risk it. I had good results when cleaning the baffles of my Obsidian. It’s not the miracle worker I had wished for but I doubt the Hornady would be that either . Thanks for the input.

Mobuck

So, here's a question for ultrasonic cleaner users. How would or does this type of cleaner affect parts that are assembled using epoxy adhesives? I need to deep clean some parts on project I'm restoring and have found one of the parts has been broken and repaired with epoxy.

Road_Clam

I do CNC machining and I frequently deal with ultrasonic cleaning. U/S cleaning bare metals works amazingly well. U/S cleaning coated metals you need to present caution. U/S WILL strip coating off the metal if left in the process for extended periods. We U/S clean anodized coating which is about .001" of buildup and we only clean for about an hour. Years ago an employee left the U/S cleaner on overnight with anodized parts in the bath and the parts were completely stripped of the coating. I can't comment on parkerized or cerakoated type coatings but from what I know , I advise don't do it, or if you must stay right on top of the time and frequently check the surface.

Last edited: