Hornady Seventh Edition

Crimp

I notice Hornady has their 7th edition manual on the streets. Back into one volume this time. Does anyone have one yet? I'm wondering if they're listing Ramshot powders, i.e., Zip, Silhouette/WAP, True Blue & Enforcer this edition?

Crimp

That was my second option. I thought I might get a quicker answer here, possibly with a review of the handbook, albeit less brusquely.

croc4

got it

they list zip in the burn rate chart, didn't see the other you listed. I don't recall seeing ZIP listed in the 357, 9mm, 40, 32acp, or 7.62x25 loads. Is thee a particular gun you with to use it for, I'll check if there is

Crimp

Thanks Croc.

I've been waiting for one of the manuals to cover the Ramshot powders through at least the pistol calibers. I have Ramshot's own data, and have worked up satisfactory True Blue loads across the calibers based on their numbers, but would like to see data from other sources. Their ball powders meter well and are low flash, so I've been dropping the others for Ramshot.

I already have Hornady's sixth edition, so I guess I'll skip the seventh. Thanks again.

Crimp

Rimrod: I have Lyman's 48th, but not the pistol & revolver handbook.

Also, I was over at my buddies this evening and was looking at his latest Sierra manual. It lists Ramshot data, so I now have a second source. The loads were actually heavier than Ramshot's data in a few places I noticed.

Joe: Thanks for the review URL.

mrawesome22

I don't understand why a new book wouldn't have these powders. Guess I'll just have to go off the website's data. New book you'd think new powders.