Hornady LNL Powder Measure

Nathan

Consider this an informal survey of Hornady powder measure owners….

Does your thrower leak any powders?

Have you run Ramshot Enforcer? Does it leak?

When was it made?

I’m trying to decide whether to buy a new one.

My answers…

Yes.

Yes, it leaks Enforcer.

2002ish

RayRoy

I have one from last year and one from some years ago, that I forget when.

Neither leaks, I use True Blue and Competition in them.

Woody'sDad

I have one from at least 10 years ago - got the LnL AP system when first introduced.
I have never used Enforcer but no problems with AA #2 or True Blue
I do however pull off the drum and inspect it and use a LIGHT coat of a silicone spray then wipe dry as I found a very slight amount of rust on the drum years ago that I removed with 4-0 steel wool
Reloading room was just too humid and required an a/c /dehumidifier in the summer

May be a cumulative tolerance issue. I would contact Hornady CS and see if they'll let you send it to them to check out. If it were mine, I'd measure it myself to determine if the loose fit were something I could tighten myself by plating or by making the errant part over.

Metal god

Mine was bought in 2012 , does not leak and the smallest powder I use is W748 . No issues and it is dead on every time with H-335 . Sucks bad on long stick powder like IMR-4895/4064 . Locks up and or cuts powder which results in a large jolt causing the next charge to be way off by as much as a half grain . On the whole I like mine but there has to be better out there .

markr6754

Came with LNL Classic Kit I ordered in Nov 2017. Has never leaked. My issue is the powder splashes out of the powder pan when I dispense for weighing. Once I get it dialed in I load straight to case.
Haven't loaded Enforcer, but plenty of fine ball powders. They splash the most.

ThatsNice

Came with LNL Classic Kit I ordered in Nov 2017. Has never leaked. My issue is the powder splashes out of the powder pan when I dispense for weighing. Once I get it dialed in I load straight to case.
Haven't loaded Enforcer, but plenty of fine ball powders. They splash the most.
Drop powder into case then pour into pan.

ThatsNice

No problem with the powder drop leaking using AA #2 or VV N340. However, sometimes my powder measure plunger sometimes creeps a little causing a slight variation of powder to drop (larger amount). So I weigh every 5-10 or so rounds to make sure Im not over/under charging. but getting good at eye balling powder in case. I also got the hornady light strip which really improves lighting directly into the case so I can see the powder. https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-Lock...679601997&sprefix=hornady+light,aps,97&sr=8-3.