Hornady Hap Bullets in 357 Sig ?

kidcoltoutlaw

Will the Hornady 125 or is it 124 Hap bullets work for reloading the 357 SIG. If not does anybody know of a jacket bullet the will take high velocity and is still cheap enough to buy by the thousand,

Thanks,Keith

snuffy

Yup!!! I use them for loading my 357 sig. A real good bullet made the same as the 124 XTP BUT not skived to help with expansion. They have a slightly different nose shape as well.

For my KKM aftermarket BBL. for my m-22 glock, they are very accurate for paper punching or steel matches. Not meant for a defense round, as they won't expand much if at all.

UniversalFrost

the ranier lead safe work well for me in .357 sig and .40 S&W. You can work them up to really hot loads and they still hold together well. Plus since they are semi jacketed they are a lot cheaper than fully jacketed bullets. The only problems i have had with rainer have been in the 9mm 115gr on my beretta 92FS (worked in my sig's without problems) the gun/barrel just didn't like them (tumbling, poor accuracy, etc...) switched back to winchester FMJ for plinking.

kidcoltoutlaw

Thanks

I have used Rainier for years. They work great but I would still like to try the HAP. I have used the Rainier in my P229 Sport with no problems. After finding some copper jacket on the ground at an impact area I started to think what if that got stuck in my comp, ugly. I shoot a lot of 357 SIG in the P229 P226 and P239 also P229 Sport. For most of the shooting I will use the Rainier FP 124.
I shoot some IDPA matches during the summer and get my butt kicked a lot. The guys tell me it's because the way that cannon load I'm using recoils. I tried to slow the 357 SIG down got it to 1100 but I was 1 grain under the recommended load. So I tried the Baby Eagle in 9mm got a 125 down to 870 and I can't wait to try it and see if it helps,

Thanks,Keith

Peter M. Eick

The HAP and XTP (particularly the 147's) are by far the most accurate bullets out of my 229 Sport. I find max charges of AA9 are the best! If I could afford it, I would only shoot 147 XTP's out of the Sig.