Hornady free bullet offer: "off the page" options?

Crunchy Frog

I have a Hornady LNL progressive press on the way along with a set of dies. Each comes with the free bullet offer (500 for the press, another 100 for the dies).

I don't have a centerfire rifle. I load lead bullets almost exclusively for my pistols.

The list of eligible bullets includes the XTP hollowpoints in 9mm, .38, 10mm/.40, .44 and .45 calibers.

I have a .41 magnum that I reload for and some free .41 caliber bullets would be great. Hornady makes the XTP in that caliber but it's not one of the choices on the rebate form.

Has anyone had experience in contacting Hornady Customer Service and sweet-talking them into giving away bullets that are not on the rebate list?

Miata Mike

Good luck. ;) You can always try and see what happens. I have loaded the 10mm 185 grain myself and think they are nice bullets.

I would get the .45acp myself since they cost more. :D

warski

It wouldn't hurt to ask, but I would be prepared to select bullets from the form.

I had a couple of "free bullet" forms returned to me because the email "order confirmation" didn't qualify as an "sales receipt" (but the "packing slip" from the shipping box did). Since I had to send along the upc label from the dies, I had obviously recieved the qualifying items and didn't understand why they went to the trouble of returning the forms...

I sent an email asking why $30 dies qualify for 100 free bullets, but purchasing a $130 single stage loader doesn't. I didn't get a reply.

I'm not complaining, they did send me 1000 free bullets when I bought the L-N-L and another 1000 for all the dies I bought.

Customer service for the actual mechanical parts has been great! I broke a decap pin on one of the rifle dies (and bent the rod that holds it). I sent an email asking for part numbers and information on where to purchase replacement parts. About 20 minutes later I had a reply that replacement parts (with a couple of spare decap pins) had been shipped. I got the parts two days later.

hooligan1

Hornady has one of, if not the best CS. Call them and talk to Bob Palmer, he's somewhat of a big-shot out there!!;)

spclPatrolGroup

On the form it says that you must select from the list and exceptions are not to be made or something like that. But maybe you will catch someone on a good day.

tobnpr

None of the bullets they offered were of use to me.
I got the 7mm (most expensive choice) and sold them...