Hornady case feeder issues, advice appreciated

Coach Z

So I've had the hornady LNL ammo plant for a few months now but haven't had a ton of time to use it so I've only churned out a couple thousand rounds with it, mostly all pistol. The thing so far has not been a great time saver as I spend more time tweaking and adjusting it then I do pumping out completed rounds which is really frustrating after such an investment. My current dilemma is the case feeder.

I am having two different failures that are making me nuts. The first is a case jamming against the metal eject plate which is easy enough to fix. The second is cases getting jammed up in the funnel that feeds the vertical tube and not tripping the stop switch and then spilling them all over me because I don't realize that there is an issue. This one is the one that has me swearing and cursing the G D thing!

I've added pictures below of one and two

IMG_0709_zps6ca92ddb.jpg

IMG_0711_zps609c272b.jpg

GWS

I don't have the case feeder, but if it was mine, the first thing I would do is clean the inside of the funnel and then wax it with a good paste wax. Apply let dry then buff.

Next if that didn't work I would file on the transitional between the funnel and the tube below, to make the transition less abupt. Of course that would then require sanding with 220 then 400 then 600 grit wet/dry, then polishing with a dremel and a polishing bit charged with their plastic compound. Then apply the paste wax, let dry, and buff lightly.

Goes without saying that wax doesn't last forever, so fairly frequent cleaning and waxing would be the norm for me.

Shootest

Dillon makes an adaptor to stop that from happening. It only seems to happen with short auto brass. I don’t know if it will work with Hornady. I would contact Hornady to see if one is available. If not maybe the Dillon could be made to fit. Or possibly something could be fabricated.