Hornady 9mm +P 135 gr FlexLock Critical Duty

Dead

Anyone have any info on these? Was thinking of picking up some. Either +p or standard pressure. What is a good price for the 50 round boxes.

Ammo would be used in SW Shield, and Sig 228. :eek:

6mm

The last time I picked some up at Cableas. I believe I paid $22 a box. If this helps.

Uncle Malice

I run the 135gr +P 9mm. Reliable and accurate from everything I've tried it out of.

My preference is 124gr +P Federal HST or Gold Dot... but the Critical Duty is up there with them.

Mystro

One of my favorite 9mm rounds for woods and two legged threats. 135 +p shoot well on all my guns.

[

Last edited:

Dead

Going to pick some up later, $25 shipped for 50 rounds... I figure that is a good price, and if I get a recalled lot from this place (seeing recall was almost a year ago) I will not be happy.

I think 400 would be a good starting point ;)

Gazpacho

Remember to pay attention to the name. Critical DUTY is designed for duty weapons. Think big guns. Critical DEFENSE is designed for concealed carry guns. Think small guns.

Uncle Malice

critical defense is just a better "all-around" load

I'm not sure what means.

In every ballistics test I have seen, Critical DUTY has always outperformed Critical Defense by a wide margin. I won't even consider running Critical Defense.... but I'm happy to run Critical Duty.

Water-Man

Critical Defense is only better when you are more interested in expansion than penetration. It's also not very good at barrier penetration.

I'll continue with Critical Duty, thank you.:)