Hopper comes loose in RCBS powder measure

Sid

I have been using this measure successfully for many years. But in the last month there were 2 occasions where the hopper became loose while I was charging cases. Gunpowder spilled all over the bench and floor and was a mess to clean up. The hopper just looks like it is pressed into place in the assembly. I have pushed it in as hard as possible on both occasions but in several weeks it came loose again. As far as technique is concerned, I am not doing anything different than I have been doing for the last 50 years. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to correct this . TIA

nemesiss45

the hopper that was on my lyman measure, which I got used, had shrunk over the years and had been wrapped with tape to make the base big enough to stick into the base. it came loose and dumpped powder once and I was done with it. I ordered a replacement for about $7, if I recal, and have not had a problem since.

not sure if you are having the same issue, but if the base looks at all warped, maybe try a replacement hopper... they are cheap enough... rcbs may even send you a free replacement if you give them a call.