Hooky

Richard

This information is part of what I sent to Stephen A. Camp in an E-mail:

I went to the hospital today for routine tests and after they were done I decided to play hooky. I went shooting with the infamous "Gary B." Gary B has just finished the handgun course required for CCWs in Michigan. I wish I could say he is a better shot but I can't.

I shot his S&W 4006(?) it is a full sized double action stainless 40 S&W. It seems like a nice pistol with a good trigger, Novak sights, reliable, but not overly accurate. We put 100 rounds through it and it may improve with more use. Gary also shot his American made Walther SS PPK in 32acp. It is a nice little pistol but if I am going to carry a 32acp for security it is going to be a Kel-tec P32.

I brought three High-Powers. They were the Bastard (FM/FN), the MKII, and the new MKIII Practical. I chose to use the 10 round magazine from the Practical. All of the HPs worked and worked well. I guess the malfunctions were related to the FEG magazine. The MKII is a just plain good shooting pistol, the Bastard is back to being a great carry pistol, and the MKIII Practical is a true joy. It has the Excalibur grips on it as I don't foresee me using an adjustable sighted carry weapon.

We also shot the CZ40; no surprises here. I am going to hand load some 155gr bullets and see what happens. I see no reason to shoot 180gr bullets in a 40 S&W pistol as the felt recoil is the same to me as a 45acp with hot loads. The CZ40 continues to have no malfunctions and to be a real bargain pistol.

Next up was my Glock 27 with the 357 Sig barrel. It was too unpleasant for Gary B, but I am starting to like the 357 Sig better as a cartridge. This was followed by my Springfield 1911A1(loaded) which keeps perking along. The last weapon we shot was my P228. Gary B's reaction was: "I want one!" I continue to be amazed by the double and single action trigger on the P228. I am sure this is why I shoot it almost as well as a High-Power.

Regards,

Richard

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Sold on the P228

Greeting's Richard, yeah me too. Besides my Sig P220 in .45ACP
the P228 is my weapon of choice for all intense social gathering's.
Once you get use to the DA/SA trigger; life seems to be a bit easier. To sum up, any Sig "P" series
firearm get's my attention.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Long Path

Richard--
You probably could have stopped your report at the end of the 3rd paragraph; I know Steve's attention rarely wanders far from High Powers! ;) (The thing is, he can shoot 'em, too!)

Good report!

--L.P.