Home Defense Training

Perldog007

A school withing driving distance offers a home defense course. The posted syllabus emphasizes tactics and strategies for safety in the home and armed response to threats while at home.

Has anybody here ever taken such a course?

Did you feel that it was of value?

Does anybody think that it is a waste of time? Why?

This class is on my list of classes to be taken, but not at the top. Would be curious to hear the members feedback on this especially if they have taken a course designed specifically for defense in the home.

OSUCowboy

I've never taken a class like this, but if one were offered I would definately be on the enrollment list. The way I look at it, I spend more time in my home than any other place, so I am more likely to face a threat at home than any other place (dark alleys aside). The home is also the only place where you have a tactical advantage, because the criminal will, in almost all cases, have no knowledge of the floorplan of your house. So, I would optimize my advantage and take a home defense course. I wish I had one here!

Perldog007

The instructor offering the course teaches cops in a major department. I know some of them from my past employment as a special in that jurisdiction. Right now he is in the sandbox. As soon as he gets back I want to take the Utah ccw class, then the HD class.