Holsters for S&W M&P .380 Bodyguard

Para Bellum

Hi Folks,

it has been a while. Good to be back.

I have bought a S&W M&P .380 Bodyguard with factory laser for my wife. Nice gun, tried it today.

It seems hard to find holsters though.

What do you recommend?

I want IWB, OWB and pocket holsters.

Thank you for your time and thought.
Stay safe!

603Country

I use one of those sticky type holsters for my pocket carry. Works fine, though I don’t want to draw on John Wick or Wyatt Earp.

The replacement trigger that I had put in the Bodyguard was, I think, the Santiago trigger. It made the trigger pull much improved.

Recycled bullet

The laser is a fantastic training aid as that pistol is particularly difficult to shoot well. I dry fired the gun thousands of times while aiming at targets inside my home with the laser lit.

The laser is absolutely unforgiving, and you cannot deny it, as it shows exactly what happens to the muzzle as you are pressing the heavy double action trigger.

Move to progressively smaller targets with the dry fire exercises. I would also recommend using a grip strengthener to speed up skill progression and as a conditioning-hand healing tool for mouse gun or pistol general effectiveness.

My initial target shooting group size was embarrassing.
I can break eggs at ten yards with it now.

My biggest problem ended up being operator error, moving the sights while applying pressure to the trigger.

Overcoming the difficulties of my Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380 definitely made me a better pistol shooter. The focus and determination directly transfer to other handguns even if a different type or design.

I carry it in the tan colored pocket holsters that are sold at Cabela's.

When I can get into the safe in try and find a part number.

My favorite part is just how absolutely light and flat the pistol is inside the pocket.

I've replaced it with a Taurus Gx4 with a similar holster and pocket carry that instead for double the capacity with a stronger and easier to find ammunition. Since I've lately been wearing cargo pocket navy blue work pants instead of denim blue jeans and the front pockets are slightly deeper.

rodfac

I built this one several years ago...and one just like it for my Bodyguard 380. I think El Paso Saddlery offers one similar...OWB....Rod