Holsters built into pants?

Drjones

Not sure if this is an original idea or not...

Are there pants that already exist, or if not, would it make sense to build a holster into pants?

Couldn't you just sew a strip of cloth inside the waistband of your pants to keep the gun held there, then tighten your belt over it to secure further?

Or you could actually sew a whole pocket inside the waistband.

Would this work???

If so, this is officially copyrighted by ME!!! ;) :D

Drjones

Yeah, that's sorta what I had in mind...only I was thinking IWB, not a pocket outside. Seems like it would be too difficult to conceal.

anybody have these?

any thoughts?

I could use another pair of jeans anyway....

TallPine

Well, here is what I did: made up (actually my wife did) a piece of 1" wide nylon webbing with loops on each end large enough to go over your belt. You have to figure out the length to suit you and your weapon - mine came out to 11" end of loop to end of loop.

To use - thread your belt through one loop while the other loop is pointed upwards. Fold it over (down) and thread the belt through the loop on the other end. Tuck the middle down inside your pants. Your handgun rides in the cradle formed by the nylon webbing. It might take some time to get it adjusted right (with the gun unloaded!)

Doesn't seem like much different concept that those clippie things you can get for S&W and glocks.

And you thought Uncle Mikes IWB holsters were cheap!

jmlv

a law man by the name of Dallas Studmier

did this in the mid 1800's. He had leather pockets put into his pants and carried a pair of cut down 1860 army's in them. (yes virgiinia thems blackpowder cap & ball guns). So you could say the ideas been around for a while.:cool:

foghornl

Well, it would be cool to order the navy pleated-front Dockers in 38W x 32L with 'pocket IWB' to fit a 3" SP-101....:D

45King

QuadOughtBuck wrote:
What's wrong with just dropping a pistol in the cargo pocket of a BDU?

Nothing, as long as you don't mind bruised thighs/knees (unless, of course, you carry a mousegun.):)

The whole point of a concealed holster is to hold the gun in a secure position for ready access. It is best if the gun is carried in an exact position so that if you must present, your "muscle memory" will allow you to draw without fumbling for the gun. Consistency is not only a key to accuracy, but also to a smooth draw.

I might take a drive over to North and check out Blackie's outfit.