Holster-Shirts? or another Solution for Samba/Salsa/Merengue-Dancing?

Para Bellum

Hi there,

I'm not only carrying 24/7 but also used to be an avid dancer of Salsa/Merengue/Samba. That's where I e.g. met my wife. Now, the kids are old enough so that we can go dancing againg, and I wonder how to best carry my Glock 26 (my smallest gun) whilce dancing.

I used my Milt Sparks Versa Max II (pic below) but the problem is the following: The dancefloor is crowded and you always have bodycontact with the people next to you. Some wondered why my skin was so hard and I could tell from one guy's looks that he knew he just touched gun with his love handles... I'd like to avoid that.

Smartcarry is not an option since you dance body to body. I wear normal pants and a shirt sometimes tucked in somtimes not tucked in when dancing. So I thought, a holster-shirt or a shoulder-rig under my shirt would be a solution. The gun is most likely not to be touched by others or otherwise in the way while dancing, when it's in my armpit, right?

By now I only have experience with strongside IWB/OWB, Funny Pack and ankle carry. Any experience or tips on holster-shirts or shoulder-rigs for that purpose (Glock 26 unter the shirt?)

Thanks and stay safe,
and happy Easter!
PB

That is what I used the last time, Milt Sparks Versa Max II (great IWB holster!) for my Glock 26:
VM-2_small.jpg

tshadow6

holster shirt

Kramer makes a holster tee-shirt, Kangaroo Carry makes an all cotton shoulder holster that wears next to your skin, or you can go with a small .32 for your front pocket. The first rule is "have A gun" .

saltydog452

Kramer makes a mesh weave 'T shirt' with a sewn in pocket under each arm.

I don't know about dancing with one, but it does make for a decent carry option when seated (driving) for a long time.

salty.

RsqVet

I have and have used the Kramer product, it has a velcro strap, holds the gun securly, it can accomodate a large gun, if you are going to be very active the G26 is about the size / weight limit of gun I would be comfortable with in the undersirt holster without there being too much bounce around or being uncomfortable, with something like a 32 seecamp you would not even know it was there. Almost any garment covers well. Unless you are wearing a Star-trak leotard no one would even notice it.

You will obviously have to reach through or around to get at it, not a problme I used to wear it under scrubs that have a very big V neck, some cops will take the buttons off their uniform shirts and put velco there to speed acess .

ZBoater

Bellyband. It keeps the gun nice and tight against your body with no movement. I use it to exercise.

Para Bellum

Thanks. What about a .22 Mag NAA Black Widow as a size-altenative?

Title says all:
Thanks. What about a .22 Mag NAA Black Widow as a size-altenative?
Have a nice holiday,
PB

if you drink while dancing i would advise you not to carry. it seems to me that carrying a weapon that you will have to decide to use to take a life and then drinking a substance that alters you ability to think clearly and react properly is a big no no. never mind the fact that you may have your personality altered in the process.

now that that's out of the way ankle carry is a good option if you wear the proper pants.

if your dead set in this thing i say go with the kangaroo you posted in your other thread. only cause it seems to be the sturdiest.

Para Bellum

I don't drink and drive.
I drive to the dancing. So...

I carry 24/7 home/office/anywhere. I sometimes have a drink. If a guy invades my home or office with the intention to kill me (that has already happened) and faces me after I had a scotch - that's his problem.

I don't dance with an ankle holster. I have one and even walking with a Glock 26 in that thing is a pain. Try Samba with one!

warwagon

I agree with the belly band, have one, and it is great!

Bianchi used to sell a good one, at an affordable price.

Best regards,
Blair

Last edited:

AK103K

I have both the Kramer undershirt holster and the 5.11 undershirt holster. Both work, but I still prefer the Kreamer. It allows you to wear an undershirt or turtleneck under it, which I find more comfortable.

Check out Smart Carry. I recently got one for my P239/P230, and have been using it daily for my Seecamp. I'm already planning on getting a couple more. Its very comfortable and unbelievably concealable. I think it would do you better for a dancing holster than the undershirt holster.

Check out the "photos" section.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

geez768

in alot of places its against the law to drink and carry. plus if you do have to take a life and they test you and you have alcohol in your system you will have a hard time staying out of jail.