Holster input - motorcycle rider

2wheelwander

I'm going to roll my .357 Sig 229 Elite into carry rotation. Has a rail.

I also ride. A Harley Road King and a Concours 14. Left handed, thinking I want OWB for this one. Decent leather, retention, quality, but under $100 quality.

Used to carry small of the back, very adverse to cross draw appendix carry. That never appealed to me. Besides, I'm 5'10", 260. Do the math.

BTDT input appreciated.

2wheelwander

Hagar, what did you carry and what holster did you use?

I don't want to be swapping a gun from a tank bag to a holster in public. Today I carried my CZ RAMI in a De Santi's pocket sleeve. It worked OK but the grip was sticking out but not so much I couldn't live with it.

hagar

Glock 19 and some retaining holster, don't remember, was back in the 90's. I could comfortably carry my Sig 239 in my inside pocket.

98 220 swift

I have a concours 14 myself. a lot of times I carry a lcp in the little "glovebox" on the left side. easy to open when on the bike. I also have carried in a tank bag. Other than that I just have my lcp in pocket in a pocket holster. Pretty easy to move from there to the glovebox if needed like riding through a rough area. but then again the 14 can outrun a lot of trouble.:)

2wheelwander

HA! Yes, a C14 can outrun most everything but a radio wave. I've for a 200 mile ride in front of me tomorrow and I'm packing. I'll avoid any trouble to the best of my ability but just saw a video of BLM protesters gang up on a heavy set couple on a Valkyrie trike. The guy pedals it back trying to get away from them, they are all over him and as he tries to get out of there, one of the protesters pulls a handgun and points it at him like HIS life is in danger of he man fleeing their attacks.

I typically carry an Airweight in that De Santi's, but the Rami and an extra mag will be along tomorrow. I'd never have thought I'd feel that way about actually needing extra firepower to defend myself. Which is exactly why I'm taking the Concours and leaving the Harley at home. They'll need a Hyabusa to catch me. But I digress

I've always liked the Alien gear set ups. Great holster for the money and modular. Always been an IWB guy, maybe I need to rethink what I'm willing to do in the interest of protecting myself and my family. As threats increase . . . . .

zoo

AR pistol, your choice of caliber, detached upper and lower in locked hard bags. Although granted, access into such bags can hardly be considered particularly secure.