Holster Help for my new 442

CANIS

Bought a used 442 today and would like to have a back pocket holster for it. The kind I'm looking for has a leather flap on the outside of it to make it look just like a wallet when carried. Anyone know who makes something like this? The gun carries very well in my belly band, but pocket carry allows faster access.

Thanks in advance!

canis

jaysouth

pocket holster for 442

I have carried a 640/642/442 in a Galco horsehide pocket holster in my right front pocket.

You might also look at Kramer and Mitch Rosen. They both have good pocket holsters.

shoot often, shoot safely

Jay

Secmat

Barami Hip Grip. My favorite mode of carry for J-frames. Even works when carrying another pistol IWB. Occasionally I will use a Null City Slicker for my backup.

Sierra

Canis - No help on the wallet type rear pocket holster but I can recommend the Kramer pocket holster for your front pocket.

revolvergeek

Aker Leather makes the type of holster that you are looking for; it is called The Express.

http://www.akerleather.com/ch9.html

I think that the Kramer pocket holster should work quite well for that due to the stiched on kydex plate. For the last 6 years or so I have used a Gibbs Leather pocket holster (for a 640-1) based on the same basic pattern as the Kramer. It too is made out of Horsehide, but but has a stiched on thick horsehide plate instead of the kydex. Looks like a fat wallet in my pocket.

D. Moon

Try an Uncle mikes pocket holster. It's black nylon (no flap,tho)with a stick material on the outside to keep it in the pocket.

Best of all, it's only about 8 bucks.