Holster for Shield

KyJim

Suggestions on a holster for the Shield? Requirements are IWB, leather with a sweat shield, and a price that's not half that of the gun.

I hadn't planned on buying a Shield but the $75 rebate just made it too attractive to pass up. I picked one up today. While ordering some other things from Midway last night , I also ordered a DeSantis Sof-Tuck holster to do me until I settle on a holster.

Rangerrich99

N82Tactical Original. My favorite IWB EDC holster. Super comfortable, basically sweat-proof, inexpensive, great guarantee, and Made in the USA.
You'll need a different holster for training purposes, though.

BigMikey76

You stated you want leather - do you mean all leather, or is a leather backed kydex hybrid ok? If it is, I will recommend the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck. I love mine. The original with the leather backing instead of the neoprene is only $30, and it is really quite comfortable. It is also user adjustable for cant, ride height and tension.

If you're looking for something smaller, single clip instead of double, for example, Foxx has some stuff that looks pretty good, though I have never tried them out personally.

jmhyer

Check out High Noon holsters. I have the Split Decision and really like it. It doesn't have the slide/sweat guard (I always wear an undershirt), but they have similar models that do.

KyJim

Thanks for the suggestions.

The High Noon Final Verdict is along the lines I'm thinking of. And even though it's a hybrid holster, the Little Foxx also looks interesting. Everything I've read about Alien Gear has been good but they just seem a bit big for the gun.

Excoastie

Granted, it's not leather, but I just picked up a Telor Tactical Comfort Air IWB that is just awesome.

I had read a few reviews, most of which were mixed, but the design interested me, and it seemed to be a decent holster.

I've only had it a couple of days, but it's very comfortable, doesn't move around on me, and it holds the gun securely (though it doesn't seem so when you test fit). It's also easily washable, so if it gets dirty just throw it in the washer and you're good to go.

I'm looking into getting one of their body band style holsters as well.

Exco

KyJim

Thanks for the additional tiips. I got to experimenting with some of the holsters I had on hand for other guns and found two of them work with the Shield. I got a De-Santis Tuck This a number of years ago for a Bersa Thunder and it works fine, though it doesn't have a sweat shield and its not leather.

I also have a Silent Thunder IWB from Garrett Industries I bought for my Kahr CM9. It is Kydex but the inside is leather lined and it has a sweat shield. By loosening the tension screws, the holster will accommodate the Shield.

I'll probably experiment with what I have and the one I have coming in. If they don't work, I'll try something else.

Spats McGee

Administrator
KyJim said:
. . . . a price that's not half that of the gun.
Are we calculating before or after the rebate? ;)

My first IWB was a Theis, and it's a good holster. Personally, I'm partial to the horsehide, but it doesn't look like he offers those any more. Then there's always Crossbreed.

BigBL87

Saw you mentioned the Little Foxx. That'd be my recommendation, it's what I use 90% of the time. The others I use are a Priority 1 kydex when I need something more compact and easier to take off, and a Remora with a kydex reinforced top for when I'm not wearing a belt.

Individualist

+1 for N82 Tactical (pronounced "Nate Squared Tactical"). I have two of their Professional holsters, and they're not cheap, but they're pretty great.

The only other holster I've seen that has a full sweat shield is a Remora, but it's not leather, and it doesn't have a belt clip--friction only. And their web site is a confusing mess.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2017-05-06_22-57-35.jpg
    2017-05-06_22-57-35.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

Individualist

That Alien Gear holster looks great, and I almost bought one recently. Their belts are supposed to be excellent as well.

But I'm not seeing many recommendations with a full "sweat shield" that even covers the grip/mag of the gun. I only know of the two I mentioned (N82 Tactical and Remora). I'm not sure that's even what the OP is really after, but if anyone knows of other alternatives that cover the whole kaboodle, I'd like to know myself.

Cheapshooter

Everything I've read about Alien Gear has been good but they just seem a bit big for the gun.
I thought the same thing before I bought my first hybrid IWB holster. But that size allows for the two belt clips, spaced well apart, that is a big part of why they are so comfortable. Mine are all from Theis Holster, bought before Alien Gear was around. Very good quality, but a more affordable price than the other brand available at the time. I don't worry much about a sweat (producing) shield. Just wear a light cotton "beater" tucked in to keep the gun away from shin, but still let it breathe to help prevent sweat. Even in hot weather with a T-Shirt outer garment it isn't really any hotter.

roadrash

The crossbreed Minituck in horsehide is perfect for this pistol,affordable,stable,concealable,comfortable,versatile,and adjustable.

BigBL87

On the topic of the hybrid holsters discussed...

Looking at a traditional 2 clip hybrid, they certainly seem large and ungainly at first. That being said, the three hybrids I have owned (Alien Gear and Black Arch) have been by far the most comfortable and best concealing that I have worn since I started buying holsters.

My problem is, being in Illinois I have to deal with a lot of "gun free zones" and prefer to take my firearm off in its holster if I have to store it. Less potential for accidental trigger contact that way. The 2 clip hybrids don't allow for that, so I rarely use them. In my experience the single clip hybrids like the Little Foxx, Raw Dog, and Ridgid seem to give the best balance between ease of use and comfort.

DAKA

You are set on leather, I was also...Kydex...ugh...then I saw a $25 Kydex holster on ebay/amazon (?) shipping included...it looked very simple and thin, so I bought one, great holster after an hour or so you totally forget it's there (is that good?) anyway I now have one for my LCP and P 238....NO MORE BULKY EXPENSIVE holsters for me....