Holster for Ruger Security Six

WeedWacker

Well, I've been looking around and searching for a decent paddle holster or shoulder rig for my new (to me) security six with the 2 3/4" barrel (I think). The reason being I don't wear a belt often which is why I am opting out of traditional holsters. The shoulder rig would be preferable since I could conceal it when out fishing during the summer (I wear a vest usually).

However, I have noticed that decent shoulder rigs can cost more than I can budget right now which is why I am leaning towards the paddle holster as a possibility.

Any thoughts and/or recommendations? Criticism of my choice is welcomed.

fastforty

I second the belt.

I used a paddle holster (with a BIG hook in it) for my P239 & practiced with it a lot (with no belt), no problems. My brother shows up from 1,800 miles away & we go out back to verify that I can, in fact, present and drill COM in less then one second. The timer beeped, I drug iron, & bro is watching the seconds tick by. Finally looks up to see that I had presented my holster to the target. Embarrassing in that setting, lethal in others.

WeedWacker

In the summer I have shorts with ties that I wear, that's why I don't wear a belt usually. Even if I am out fishing I wear shorts and Keens for wading. Nothing deep or fast otherwise I wouldn't wear a gun OWB. I do have a belt I can wear if I need to but the ties keep my IWB up so not really a problem for support.

And this is also for a .357 magnum revolver more than for bear defense than for an armed assailant which is when I would have my XD9SC in the IWB concealed in town.