Holster for Glock 21 with Light

unit 900

I am looking for a holster for my Glock 21 with a TLR-1 light. The intended use is for a nightstand gun, so concealabilty and security are not issues. Fobus has an inexpensive one and Safariland has a model at about $25 more. I may occasionally wear this when walking the dog at night. Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YT1FFE...TF8&colid=1MYFGQ0LD44U0&coliid=I29M73541TV7V7

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BNIEZO/ref=twister_B005BNIIFU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have never used a Fobus and would appreciate some feedback on the better choice.

Frontier4

Unit

I would check out Alabama Holster. They do take about 3 weeks to ship but I am very happy with my two. I don't have any lights on my auto loading pistols but in the drop down boxes when ordering they had options for about 8 lights. I'm pretty sure the tlr1 is on there. I would buy a holster that you "could" carry instead of just a nightstand holster because it can serve both functions. I have one Fobus for a cz75 (paddle owb) and I don't like the retention is too strong. I do masonry/landscape work and have great grip strength and every time I draw from the Fobus I have to accelerate so hard just to draw that my pants end up as a thong or I have multiple takes at getting it out. I was told this would change after drawing and holstering lots, however it has not. I still have it but do not like that I cannot control the retention. Hope this helps

Sgt Pepper

I have a Glock with light holster made by Blade-Tech. Was about $60. They make them to order for the exact Glock model and light combination that you have. You can choose from paddle or belt or both style. I received mine within a a week of ordering. Really smooth draw and reholster. It has been an excellent holster.

Sgt Pepper

Having looked at the holsters in your links, I would skip the Fobus. The Safariland is similar to my Blade-Tech, but fits a number of different lights where the Blade-Tech will be molded specifically for your TRS-1. I've used Fobus and Safariland with good success, but in this instance I prefer specific fit of the Blade-Tech. Haven't used SideArmor so cannot comment there.

849ACSO

I have the safariland model you posted. It's was more secure and durable than ANY Fobus holster, and it's comfortable. I would opt for the safariland. Just my $.02.

Sharkbite

I have a cpl of the Safariland holster you posted. One for a Sig 226 with a surefire light.

The ALS locking system in that holster is really slick. Easy to use and very secure. That holster also has a device in it that allows the holster to be used WITHOUT the light attached to the gun.

There is no comparison with the Fobus. VW Bug vs. Porsche