Holster for Colt Delta Elite

Lohman446

I was in the store with my wife who suggested now was the time to buy a new 1911. As I currently have no .45s and did not want to add another caliber, as well as not wanting to spend the money a Wilson Custom Combat would cost, the Colt in 10MM seemed a great choice. I did handle a Rock Island version but the checkering on the back strap was EXTREME - my wife referenced it as a nail file. Besides, she reasoned, it was an heirloom piece for one of the children and, if your going to buy a 1911 heirloom Colt is a good choice. Did I mention I love my wife?

So I have not carried a full size 1911 before (though I have carried a Kimber Ultra at one point) and am trying to avoid spending as much on holsters as on the gun itself. I'm not opposed to buying a good holster or two.

I am looking for forward cant, strong side, one OWB and one IWB for this firearm - preferably riding fairly high for concealed purposes on the OWB.

Suggestions?

Rangerrich99

Look at Kramer Leather, they'll just make you one the way you want it, for a reasonable price. Otherwise, Galco, Safariland, etc.

Sgt Pepper

http://dmbullardleather.com

Highly, highly recommend. I have used a number of his holsters with a few different platforms with excellent concealed carry results. Personally, I've used the Bodyguard and the Belt Slide with my 1911's. Bullard's holsters have excellent craftsmanship and really nice leather. This is not the thin stuff you frequently see on sub-$100 leather holsters.

rodfac

I was in the store with my wife who suggested now was the time to buy a new 1911.
Oh please...next you'll be telling us that the tooth fairy bought you some ammunition...all kidding aside, you've got a winner there...give her whatever she wants for Valentine's Day....

Here's what I carry my Commander in...El Paso Saddlery has a similar one, but with a keeper strap. This one fits tight enough to preclude the need for a strap. Rides a bit lower on the belt which suits me fine and I dress around it. At 70, I have trouble with a true high rise type. YMMV, Rod

Last edited:

markallen

I make my own holsters now, but when I did buy them I prefer thin, stiff leather. Less bulk, and for that type I would go for Don Hume.
I did have Kirkpatrick make a holster for my Ruger 345. And was very pleased with it.

P71pilot

I have a galco king tuk, it is a hybrid holster and very well made. Not the most comfortable thing for a small person, also not super concealable, i have a cheapo blackhawk iwb leather tuckable holster that hides my 1911 like none other, but isnt nearly as secure as other options.

RickB

I like the Kramer IWB #3; horsehide, butt-forward cant, with classic "summer special" styling.
For OWB, I like the Bruce Nelson/Avenger style holsters that are made by just about everyone; the Bianchi #4 is my favorite, but it's no longer in production.
The Davis Leather Liberty is a good one, as is the Sparks 55BN.

KyJim

For IWB, I mostly carry a 1911 in my Milt Sparks Summer Special II (rough side out). Brownell's usually has them in stock.