Holster for 4" 45 Colt RedHawk

Stargazer

I went looking for a holster for my new hand cannon and found Simply Rugged and the Galco DAO quite good looking choices. But I looked further and found Ruger sells one made specifically for the 4" RedHawk. Made by COWS in the USA, thumbreak, basketweave with a Ruger logo to boot. $38. $45.50 delivered via Priority Mail. Not a bad looking holster at all.

I am thinking of getting the Chesty Puller system from Simply Rugged for chest carry. And the $10 piece that will convert a regular holster to the Chesty Puller system. That will set me back another $65.

The Diamond D holsters look nice but that $145 price is high. I know the quality is there with a lifetime warranty to boot, but I will make the Ruger holster work for me.

I have a Bianchi Military revolver holster which I normally pack the 686 in. It sort of swallows up that 686 but the RedHawk will fit as well. They do not sell an adjustable thumbreak for this holster but the Bianchi does have a nice flap to cover the pistol pretty well.

What do you guys pack your 4" RedHawk's in?

Ruger holster link:

http://shopruger.com/Redhawk-4-Holster/productinfo/50009/

dairycreek

I pack my 4" Redhawk (44 mag) in the DAO by Galco and it works fine. I also have a holster by Simply Rugged and it is IMHO a better carry holster than the Galco. Both are good holsters and work just fine.:D

batmann

I use both a DAO (field carry) and a Simply Rugged for CC for my Alaskan .44M. The SR is more comfortable rig, but I like the Galco for hiking, it seems to secure the gun beter.