Holster care

ClydeFrog

Ballistol, Armor All, RIG, Bianchi-Intl....

For holster/gear TLC, I suggest buying some great Ballistol, Armor All or maybe some RIG(which I think was purchased by Birchwood Casey about 2/3 years ago).
Ballistol can treat most leathers, polymer, Kydex, etc.
Be careful about the inside of holsters but that should do fine. ;)

Read the holster/gear owner manual too.
Some cleaning/care products may stain or darken the leather.

The late Walter Birdsong; www.black-t.com once told me how leather/gear care was important & a factor that many "armed professionals" overlook.

CF

Dfariswheel

A lot of holster makers recommend a coat of wax.
This can be neutral shoe polish wax, Johnson's Paste wax or Renaissance hard Carnuba.

This protects the leather but doesn't soften or darken it like oils and dressings do.

I use Kiwi paste wax on all of my holsters. Any good paste type shoe polish will accomplish the same thing...preserve, protect and beautify. That's all that good leather needs.

old bear

Years ago when I was in uniform, I would apply sever THIN coats of a good shoe cream on my leather gear then buff really well and finish up with a THIN coat of clear shoe polish. Clear polish helps protect the leather and would keep the colored shoe cream from rubbing off on your uniform.

stevelyn

I use Obenauf's oil and LP on all my leather goods...... boots, rifle slings, knife sheaths, etc.

Never considered using it on holsters because I was worried about softening them, but if the Beltman folks recommend it then maybe it's okay.