Holosight Durability under Recoil

roc1

I am considering a Holosight for a Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag. I am wondering will it hold up to the recoil of the 44 mag?I might put a scope but using it hog hunting the Holosight would be much faster to get on target.Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
roc1

singleshot

There are a couple of variations of the Holosight and one of the compact (XLP??) versions is not recommended. The others are. Read the directions before you buy.

HSMITH

I have seen them last tens of thousands of rounds on IPSC Open pistols and 3 gun shotguns. That isn't the recoil level of a stout 44 load but it is a real beating for any electronic optic, especially on the Open pistol. A semi-auto whacks the optic on firing, on slide stop to the rear, and on slide closing. A 'three for the price of one' deal when compared to a revolver. The only thing I can think of that is harder on optics would be an airgun.

rnovi

I have a Holosight on my GP100 .357 mag. I've destroyed two other red-dots before putting my Holosight on. It's lasted some 3000 rounds so far and is showing no sign at all of damage.

Just a couple little pointers: mount it as close to the hammer as possible. This will reduce the impact on the sight as much as possible under recoil.

BTW, the .357 mag loads I use are full house loads, old skool style. 180 gr. bullets at 1400fps. 125gr loads at 1600fps. No, this isn't a .44 mag type load, but they are stout recoil.

BTW, I use the "N-Cell" holosight. Works a charm and I like the shorter sight length.

ATCDoktor

I put a Holosight on an 8 3/8" 500 S&W magnum and it lasted about 200 rounds. The glass pane that covers the laser split in half. Bushnell will not warranty repair a Holosight damaged by the 500.

glockopop

A guy I shoot IPSC with has had one for years on his .45ACP Open gun, and he put one on his .500 S&W with no problems.