Holiday Firearms Deals

JDBerg

I’m back east in PA for the holidays and I’m seeing some deals on the used gun shelves. Yesterday I picked up a LNIB Sig P239 9mm SAS Gen2 with Siglites for $550.00. I’ve been wanting one of these for a while and I honestly don’t think this one has been fired much if at all, it looks brand new with everything in the box. Had to have it.

I’m saw a decent Glock 22 for $200, and a nice Glock 21 for $299.00. These types of deals in used firearms are nowhere to be found back in CO where I live now.

Last edited:

TruthTellers

Yeah, IDK what the thing is with Pennslyvania and cheap guns, but it seems most of the online deals I've scored have come from PA. IDK if it's that the gun culture in PA is so strong that most everybody already has all the guns they want and sellers are desperate for a sale or if the gun ownership in PA is so low that sellers are desperate for a sale.

Whatever it is, $200 for a Glock 22 Gen 3 or 4 is worth it. Gen 2 I would pass due to the kaboom issues.

$300 for a G21, if it's a Gen 3, is a steal.

JohnKSa

Administrator
The only production Gen 1 Glocks were G17 pistols. There were a very few Gen 1 Glock 19 pistols built on modified G17 frames, but I don't believe they would qualify as production guns.

There's adequate case support on the Gen 2 guns when used per the manufacturer's recommendations with good quality factory ammunition. It could be argued that there isn't enough case support in any gun if those guidelines aren't followed.

I wouldn't hesitate to fire any Gen 2 Glock in any caliber as long as it's in shootable condition and being used with good quality factory ammo.

JDBerg

JohnKSa: said:
I wouldn't hesitate to fire any Gen 2 Glock in any caliber as long as it's in shootable condition and being used with good quality factory ammo.

My gunsmith in CO has serviced my Gen3 17 & 19 and he told me the same thing about a Gen2 17 that I could have bought a few months back. The price wasn’t quite right so I passed on it anyway.