Holding a piece of History.

deerslayer303

I forgot to share this with you guys.I had a lengthy conversation with the owner of this rifle at the Jamil Temple Gun show a while back. It's a revolving rifle and the maker escapes my memory. The thing was in truly amazing shape for its age. These are the kinds of tables I go to a gun "show" to see. They are getting fewer and farther in between at the moder gun "sales".
592f0758f0a0deb01bdab3583b9a7dc6.jpg

Texas Reb

See, that's the stuff I go to see, but most of those gun shows have mostly black plastic POS. I have no interest in black plastic. Yeah, I know I'm in the minority.

My favorite gun in the whole wide world is a 12 gauge single shot with a 36" barrel. It's worth next to nothing to anyone but me. It's my go to gun. I have several other shotguns that cost way more, but I love that ol' gun. Probably cause I grew up hunting with it and have so many memories.

Great post! Thanks for showing us a picture.

aarondhgraham

Anyone live near Claremore, Oklahoma?

At the J. M. Davis Gun Museum,,,
They have about 3 dozen Colt revolving rifles.

Most of them are cap and ball with some being cartridge conversions,,,
I'm fairly certain that I saw some on Peacemaker frames.

I have an Uberti repro of the 1858 Remington revolving rifle,,,
I don't shoot it because I gave up on black powder,,,
I've often considered converting it to cartridge.

There is a definite cool factor about revolving rifles.

I would love to have fond,,, eerrr,,, held that original Colt.

Aarond

noelf2

Looks very much like the one I held at a gunshow about a year ago. Was way beyond my fiscal reach IIRC. I do have Uberti Remmy replica that is a lot of fun.

Do you know whether that Colt was carried by Berdan's Sharp Shooters? They were issued those guns before they received their Sharps.