Hogue Frustration

Zhillsauditor

Sorry, but just a frustration post. Spent about a half an hour trying to get a just bought hogue grip on a S&W model 17. After watching the videos on the web, still couldn't figure out how it should go on. Finally went to the hogue website and noticed that the gip pictured for k-frames with square butts is different than the one that come in the package. They put a round-butt grip in a square-butt package.

Hogue, please don't smoke dope while working on the assembly line.

Oh, and I love this little bit of wisdom from their website:
"All Smith & Wesson frames made since the mid '90s are round butt frames."

Except that current production model 17s are indeed square butt frames.

Andy Taylor

Hogue's customer service is second to none. If you give them a call I am sure they will make it right.

Did you buy it a store or online? If it was at a store, I would probably give them a chance to make it right first.

munson1

Hogue Grips

Give Hogue a call, their customer service is A number one. If you purchased at a flea-market or gun show etc. Oh Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Water-Man

Call Hogue and allow them to take care of your problem. What's the point in complaining about it on this forum?

Zhillsauditor

If you give them a call I am sure they will make it right.
The store made it right, and I'm sure Hogue will make it right with the store, but I am out the frustrating 20 minutes I spent trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, and the 50 minutes it took to drive to the store and back to exchange the wrong grips for the right ones. I did say I was just posting to vent my frustration.

Fun moment of the day: me telling the clerk that putting the just-returned wrong grips back on the shelf was not a good idea.

What's the point in complaining about it on this forum?
Welcome to the internet.

drail

If you bought them from a store I am pretty sure I know what happened. I used to sell tons of Hogue grips at a store and at gunshows and people constantly would return them to the wrong box after playing with them. (or sometimes our own employees would do it). I was always having to go through several boxes of grips and sort out which package they were supposed to be in after every gun show. Can't blame the nice people at Hogue for this. I see people on Ebay all the time showing a Hogue package with what is clearly a pair of Pachmayr grips inside the package and they have no idea what they're actually selling. Trust me. With Hogue grips you can read the actual model and style that they're made for by looking inside the grip. It's hard to see but it's in there.