Hogue Extreme Aluminum Grips for a SIG P226 Tac Ops

Patriot86

This is a two part question.

I own a Sig Sauer P-226 Tactical Operations in .40 S&W, I have been interested in getting some Hogue "Extreme" Aluminum Grips for it.
My 226 takes 15 round .40 S&W Magazines and the factory grips do not have the "flare" on the bottom as seen in the 9mm model. All that being said I wanted to make sure that the "Standard" Hogue aluminum grips would work on my model of P226.

Part 2 of this question is how difficult of an operation is changing out grips?
I haven't ever changed the set of grips on a handgun but from outward appearances it looks as simple as a couple of screws but I thought I would consult the professionals on TFL.

All help is appreciated!

BarryLee

I purchased a set of these grips for my P220 directly from SIG, so give them a call and see what they have.

As for changing them yes it is as easy as removing four screws. However, occasionally the screws with the original grips may not work with the new grips, but in this situation I think they probably would. Also, some folks like to use a drop of Loctite 242 to keep the screws from coming loose. If the screws on your SIG have the star washers the Loctite is probably not needed.

mrvco

I have the Elite Dark with aluminum grips and getting them off is easy, the hard part is keeping them tight.

BarryLee

the hard part is keeping them tight.

Interesting, I just installed a set, so that is something to be aware of. I was curious if you have lock washers on the grip screws?

Also, to the OP I forgot to mention that Houge makes these grips in G10, a fiberglass like material, which have turned out to be popular. Anyway, just something to be aware of.