Hodgdon no help!

dajowi

I'm looking for load data for .45 acp 200gr. LRNFP using Titegroup and IMR 700X powders. Internet searches haven't been productive.

Crankgrinder

Lee book states for 200gr lead bullet for titegroup 4.8 gr @ 862fps -5.4 gr @957fps and for 700x4.4 gr@ 768 fps -5.5gr @930 fps.

Ritz

The hard part is actually getting your hands on relevant supplies. There's a bunch of folks that seem to just buy up all available supply of popular powders only to "scalp" it off on gunbroker and other similar sites to take advantage of the "shortage". The next time I see some available W231, I'll grab a few pounds and hopefully the market will be more sane by the time I need more.

noylj

Start loads for 700X range from 3.8gn to 4.5gn and MAX loads range from 4.2gn to 5.5gn. Thus, I would start at 3.8-4.0gn and work up.
Start loads for TiteGroup range from 3.8gn to 5.0gn and MAX loads range from 4.7gn to 5.7gn. Thus, I would start at 3.8-4.0gn and work up.
Remember, you don't have the gun or the lot number of components used by the test lab, so any source of data is ONLY a guideline.

Snyper

What OAL should the cartridge be for this loading?
Assuming you're using this in a semi auto, load up a dummy round and leave the bullet out pretty far.
With your gun apart, drop the round in the barrel and see how it fits

The base of the cartridge should be flush with the back of the barrel
(Do an image search to see exactly what I mean)

Keep seating the bullet deeper until you get that fit, and that will be the correct COAL for YOUR gun.

It's often called a "plunk test"

AKhog

After doing the "plunk" test in your barrel, also check how they feed in your magazine supply. Some mags can be finicky.

Wreck-n-Crew

Sounds like investing in a good manual might serve you better as well. I was reluctant at first to get one. I favor the Lyman 49th edition. YMMV Some loads in the manuals that are not on line. Never know when you might want to compare data or use a different bullet.

OverPressure

200 gr Lead

You might be interested in this. I collected a few boxes of 45acp small
pistol primer cases. I started loading them with Titegroup when i started
running low on Clays.

200gr SWC cci spp 5.1gr Titegroup 805 fps.
200gr SWC cci srp 5.1gr Titegroup 840 fps.
These are averages.

I was low on LPP at the time so i don't have any data, but a cci
LPP will probably have little upside velocity effect over the srp.
WLP primers should work well also.

The spp and srp were great target loads.

skizzums

they have the EXACT loads your looking for right on Hodgon's website. i don't understand how "Hodgon" was no help. your google-fu needs much work. they even have your oal.