HK USP question...

sailskidrive

I have a full size Hk USP .40, which I know uses the same frame as the USP 9mm. Does anyone know if I can convert it to 9mm by swapping out the barrel or will I also need a new extractor? (or possibly a slide $$$ :barf:)

~Sail

HorseSoldier

Buddy of mine used to swap barrels on his Glocks (9mm to train, 40 for competition) and didn't have any major drama. I never saw him have problems when we were at the range, but he said every once in a while he'd get a failure to extract when shooting 9mm -- but that helped his malfunction drills, as well. Not good for street carry, but fine for recreational use.

Don't see why it would be different with a USP.

bdl1199

You cannot just swap out the barrels. i don't know what else you need to do for it but i know you can't just swap them out

Uncle Malice

You cannot just swap out the barrels. i don't know what else you need to do for it but i know you can't just swap them out

That is not true. A barrel swap will work just fine. Obviously you would need a 9mm magazine... but that is all. You cannot use a standard 9mm USP barrel because the outter diameter of the barrel is smaller on the standard 9mm. This is why you use a 'conversion' barrel.

EFK makes conversion barrels for H&K:

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=HKC9SBC

Uncle Malice

Check Bar-sto for 9mm conversion barrel. I know they make them for Sigs and they are very high quality.

Bar-Sto doesn't make barrels for H&K. EFK is the only company(that I am aware of) who produces conversion barrels for the H&K.