HK USP/C 9mm vs. Glock 19

IanS

Don't tell my friends at Glock Talk but I am considering this HK model (HE finish of course) instead of the Glock 19. Anyone that owns this model please tell me how many rounds you've put through yours and its reliability w/ hollowpoints, durability, and accuracy. G19s are wonderful under rapid fire (double/triple taps) how's the USP?

HKUSP45C

HKs are very reliable, durable and accurate. Although the HE finish is not as good as the Tenifer, its still very good and will never give you problems. My Hks (USP9, USP40 & USP40C are in the 2000 to 3000 range while my USP45C just hit 1000. Not one single malfunction what so ever! None. I keep a detailed log of the rounds fired from all my guns on Excel spread sheet so I know that not even one malfunction can slip by me forgetting or something. Also, no parts have been replaced or even looks near needing replacement. They look as if its just getting broken in.
A friend of mine bought a USP40, first production run back in 94 (IIRC) and till this day, after thousands and thousands of rounds, still works great without a hitch. Nevered needed servicing.
If you already got Glocks, get the HK. Who knows, you might even ending becoming a HK fan.
ST
P.S. The checkering on the HKs do feel kind of rough and might dig into the hands but relax, a little sanding will make it all better. I did that to mines and now, it fits like a comfortable glove.
Get the HK, you wont regret it.

krept

Ditto on the HK, they are awesome.

FYI, your rapid fire is going to be quicker with the Glock due to the shorter trigger reset.

Mikul

I shot them both when I was buying my gun. The HK has less recoil and I shot it better than the Glock. The bullets from the HK just went where I pointed.

Since then I've fired over 8,000 rounds through the HK USP9c without a single gun-related problem (my first batch of reloads had some problems). I've fired off entire magazines as fast as I could pull the trigger and it just took it all in stride.

It STILL shoots better than I do (DAMN IT). It'll put 20 rounds into one ragged hole at 10 yards without a problem. Just last week I had a three shot group at 10 yards that was less than 0.5".

Fires hollowpoints and +P+ rounds with no problems.

After 8,000 rounds and 6 months of daily carry, it almost looks brand new.

My only complaint: the double-action trigger is terrible. The single-action trigger is decent, but uneven (truth be known, I'm being picky). I'm torn between getting a match trigger or a P7.