HK USC in.45

darogue1

Have saved up for one of these and want to know if it is worth it. The prices run $900-1200 from what I've seen at gun shows and my local gun dealer. I was at a gun show last weekend and saw an M1 garand with a new receiver and GI surplus parts for $300 or $400 can't remember which. My uncle bought an AK from this group, their address and such is on his receipt. So it is easy to get a hold of them. Also know that the mags for the USC are about $45 for the 10 round capacity. This I don't like but then again it is an HK! Any suggestions or opinions would be welcomed. If M1 is bought would have plenty left over for other accessories (en bloc clip not a problem) and definetely another gun. Keltec .32 looks good. Opinions welcomed! Thanks!.....DArogue1

dZ

IMHO, a 10 round pistol caliber carbine is like a 2WD SUV.

you could get a 9mm or a 45 AR15 upper that takes 30 round mags

dZ

Correia

Before buying the newly receivered garand, do a search on this forum. Apparently they have some serious problems.

sorry would say more but have a sleeping baby in one arm and cant type fast. :)

hickman

My thoughts on both: The M1 is probably one with the new CAI receiver. I had one before my CMP US Gov. M1 Garand arrived, and it was of pretty marginal quality. The rear sight was awful. Others have even worse things to say, including safety issues. Look at Fulton Armory's website (although they may be a bit biased, I would be afraid to ignore their review of one they examined, particularly since a genuine CMP Garand is only $500). As to the H&K, if it is the rifle that I am recalling, IMHO it is not an easy rifle to handle with hands my size. The rear of the pistol grip is too wide to allow easy manipulation of the safety. Ditto the comment about pistol calibre carbines. Good luck in deciding.