Hk P7

Microgunner

Just bought my first one. A P7-PSP German police trade in. I really like it. Anyone else purchased one of these recent imports?

frankxd

Yep- I bought one a couple of weks ago. I shot it last week and loved it! Only negatives I can find are that it heats up pretty quick at the range (I was only able to put about 100 rounds through it before I could no longer hold onto it) and the wait time for a holster. Great pistol though. Once my holster arrives, it will become my full-time carry weapon.

hoytinak

Only negatives I can find are that it heats up pretty quick
yeah they do heat up pretty quick, but they really wasn't made to fire a couple hundred rounds at a time
Once my holster arrives, it will become my full-time carry weapon.
what did you get?....i'm looking for holsters too, one for my M8 and one for my PSP that's on it's way soon

frankxd

I could not find anyone that carried PSP holsters in stock, so you are pretty much stuck custom ordering. The best holsters for the PSP according to the guys at the Cult are the Del Fatti and Mitch Rosen Versa-max II. The Del Fatti is a 2 year wait and the Rosen is 20-26 weeks :eek:. Blade-Tech makes PSP holsters and their wait is only 3-4 weeks, but I did not really like any of the styles that they have. I called Comp-tac about their CTAC holster, but they told me that they could not make one for the PSP yet, only the M8/M13. I ended up ordering the Dakota Defender from K&D, because reviews have been positive of their work and the wait was only 10-12 weeks. I'm still 8-10 weeks out :(.

Microgunner

I thought the only difference between the PSP and M8 was the location of the mag release. If that's true (?) wouldn't the PSP fit into a M8 holster?

hoytinak

I thought the only difference between the PSP and M8 was the location of the mag release. If that's true (?) wouldn't the PSP fit into a M8 holster?
after doing some research the trigger guards are different, i thought they'd fit the same...guess i was wrong

Last edited:

frankxd

The PSP and M8 have a different trigger guard. The trigger guard on the M8 is larger and incorporates a heat shield. Since most holsters retain the gun by gripping the trigger guard, the PSP will not fit well in an M8 holster.

Microgunner

The PSP and M8 have a different trigger guard. The trigger guard on the M8 is larger and incorporates a heat shield. Since most holsters retain the gun by gripping the trigger guard, the PSP will not fit well in an M8 holster.

This is good to know. Saves me some wasted money. Thanks.

PSP

The P7 is one of my favorite guns. I've got two and I'm looking for my third. The PSP and M8 do not fit the same holster, as stated. I got my holster from KD holsters. The prices for these P7s is just too irresistable. Get extra mags while available too, as the supply seems to dry up from time to time.
p7holster.jpg

Last edited:

Microgunner

How much does a used one typically go for?

I'm a FFL holder and paid 599.99 for my Grade B wholesale from RSR Group. It was rated Grade A from the importer but RSR down graded them all to Grade B because they showed slight holster wear. The importers original Grade A sticker with matching serial # was still on the box. A great deal! I may order another.

Peter M. Eick

3p7s.jpg

This is my winnowed down PSP collection. One to carry, One my target shooter (older style) and one is purchased new and in my name. They are great guns and I think you will love it. I know I bought my first 3 in 2 months because I loved them so much.