HK P30SK

TunnelRat

Besides slightly different ergonomics I am not sure what this brings to the table over the P2000sk. I get that the P30sk has probably been in development for some time, but given the massive success of the VP9 it seems sort of odd to release a subcompact DA/SA or LEM hammer fired gun when the VP9 is giving HK sales numbers it hasn't seen in my lifetime. If this had been a VP9sk the gun rags would have gone nuts as would a large portion of the buying public. My hope is that HK can use the frame design for the VP9sk, but honestly I think that pistol is still a few years out given HK's development cycle.

Cosmodragoon

This is cool but is it really anything new in the market? It isn't small enough for a pocket gun, where I'd love to see a hammer-fired SA/DA with these controls. It's not dimensionally dissimilar from the hammer-fired SA/DA Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact Pro, which holds a few more rounds and costs a few hundred dollars less. I'll keep an eye out for range reports.

PSP

I carry a P2000sk, (which is the world's best carry gun ;) ), so that makes me interested. What I'm not sure of is how much it will prove different enough to swap. I do shoot the P30 well, but all my HKs are easy shooters. Certainly it's worth a fondle the first time I encounter one. Who know... perhaps the P2000sk will become the second best carry gun in the world. :D

Que

While setting up for the NRA show I was able to spend some time with the P30SK. The feel is quite different than the 2000SK and in hand feels considerably smaller. Not sure if that is dimensions or perception due to ergonomics.

Pass. Tiny, hammer fired pistols typically have triggers that I don't care for. Physics, and all that.

A VP9SK, though, and I'd be lining up to get one.

YoungGun

I am a big fan of hammer fired and DA/SA for CCW. Will pick up one and no, I am not getting rid of my P2000SK.

Yg

Worc

This gun is the same thickness as the bigger P-30 models. Too bad it was not a thinner single stack with either a longer grip like the Walther CCP or had an extended magazine like the S&W Shield or Sig 290RS. It'd be about the perfect small CC gun for me.