HK P30SK vs GEN4 Glock 26

HistoryJunky

Which do you think is a better pistol for concealed carry? I currently own the GEN4 Glock 26. I have probably put 70 rounds through it, and just currently have no love for it. It's not inaccurate or anything, I just don't really "like" it.

I've seen the P30SK in a few gun catalogs lately, and watched a few videos on it. I noticed it was fully ambidextrous which sparked my interest. I am a left handed shooter so having fully ambi controls is nice.

The Glock doesn't really hinder me at all. It doesn't have a safety, and I never use the slide lock/release.

I do feel like I have a bit of a hard time getting a decent grip quickly on the Glock while drawing. And I just have more interest in hammer fired guns.

BarryLee

I’ve used a G26 Gen4 as my primary carry for a few years and sometimes find myself lusting after the P30SK. I think the reality for me is that the GLOCK is perfect for its intended purpose reliable, accurate, easy to conceal and lightweight. I suspect I’ll probably just stick with the G26 and save my pennies for something else.

Now, having said all of that I believe if you are unhappy with the G26 and want the P30SK I say you should make the switch. I purchased a Springfield Armory XD and never really liked the gun. Yes, it was reliable and accurate, but I just never warmed to the gun overall. Bottom line you might lose a little money on the sell/trade of the G26, but then you end up with the gun you really want.

TunnelRat

I would really try to handle it first were I you. It's hard for anyone to say what does and doesn't work for someone else.

Ozzieman

Have you tried the magazine extension that gives room for the little finger?
I didn't like my 26 till I put one of those on the gun. Also for around the house I put a 17 mag with the rubber boot. It makes the 26 one of the best balanced gun that I have ever owned.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534852&highlight=glock+26
#15 shows some photos of the extensions

http://x-grips.com/products/glock-26-27/
The photos with the grip on the web site looks like they fit poorly. They don't on the gun. They actually fit very well on a 17 or 19 magazine and feel very comfortable.

Last edited:

Mastrogiacomo

Having just bought the p2000sk this weekend, I'm getting the p30sk next. The grip feels great on the gun and you can never have too many carry options. And BTW, I do have the Glock 26....fantastic firearm but the more carry choices, the merrier.....;)

Laura

jackstrawIII

I don't have any experience with the P30SK, so I can't be any help there. I did have a G26 for a long time tho, and share your opinion. It was fine, but just didn't click with me.

I switched to the M&P shield and love it. Thinner, less recoil, more accurate, and just as reliable (no failures ever). Something else to add to your list of possibilities.

Uncle Malice

I have owned several copies of the G26. It's a great gun. The P30SK is a good bit larger, despite being the same capacity. With that said, it feels amazing in the hand and shoots just as well as the big P30. I usually don't like subcompacts where my pinky hangs off, but the P30SK really locks in perfectly to a 2-finger grip and you don't even notice it. If you do feel like you need a place for your pinky, there are pinky extensions available as well as magazine extensions, so you can get a place for your pinky with anywhere from +0 to +5 capacity. I think a +2 would be nice, or you can use a 13rd P2000/USPc 13rd magazine with X-Grip adapter to make it fit smoothly.

The Glock 26 really is a great gun, I just prefer the 19 in that platform. The P30SK really impressed me. I spent quite a while dismissing it... then I tried it. And now I want one. :)

TunnelRat

I actually keep wanting to get another P2000sk. I like the grip better than the P30sk for some reason. But also the factory pinky extensions work perfect for me on that pistol.

mrt949

I have a P2000SK.40 .S W .With the L.E.M. .
I like it better than my glock .
The glock went a few years ago.
I have a S&W M P 40C also .

HistoryJunky

Have you tried the magazine extension that gives room for the little finger?
I didn't like my 26 till I put one of those on the gun. Also for around the house I put a 17 mag with the rubber boot. It makes the 26 one of the best balanced gun that I have ever owned.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534852&highlight=glock+26
#15 shows some photos of the extensions

http://x-grips.com/products/glock-26-27/
The photos with the grip on the web sight look like the have a poor fit. They don't on the gun. They actually fit very well on a 17 or 19 magazine and feel very comfortable.
It's not the lack of size that bothers me. I have small hands and I can get a workable shooting grip on the G26 as is.

Besides, adding the longer magazine/grip to the G26 kind of wrecks the concealability/compact aspect.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Ozzieman

Besides, adding the longer magazine/grip to the G26 kind of wrecks the concealability/compact aspect.
Your right, but it works for around the house gun. That's the advantage of the 26. It can easily have the same capacity as the 34.

Uncle Malice

I actually keep wanting to get another P2000sk. I like the grip better than the P30sk for some reason. But also the factory pinky extensions work perfect for me on that pistol.

Yeah! I was weighing the two very heavily. And I've been carrying my P2000 most days lately too. I really like it. I was leaning very heavily at getting the P2K SK, but after handling the P30SK, I feel like my choice has changed.

Like I said, I usually don't like the dangling pinky. The P320 SC was the first gun where I really didn't mind it at all. It was really comfortable. I got the same feeling from the P30SK, too. The P2K SK is definitely super nice as well. I just figured it's not quite different enough from my P2K to warrant that one. I think the P30SK will pair up nicely with the P30L.

I think I'll go with a V1 P30SK too. Since it's not THAT much smaller than the P2K (mine is a V3), then I can have the choice of LEM or DA/SA in similar sized platforms. My P30L is a V3 and I like that a lot. LEM just seems like a good choice for the smaller gun, and I like both systems well enough....